Carnival Imagination Tips/Things To Knows/Random Facts First Cruiser Here

cougarcb16

We were on the Imagination on the 1/17/05 cruise. We had to miss Grand Cayman due to a medical emergency with a crew member. We received a $25.00 credit to our sign and sail account while we were still on board.

The cruise was great, we had a wonderful time. I would be happy to answer and specific questions, just post them on this thread.

:)

There is absolutely nowhere to play football.

As for the other person who missed Grand Caymen...I can't believe they just gave you $25.00. Do you realize how much more money they made that day because people could not get off the ship?

There is absolutely nowhere to play football.

As for the other person who missed Grand Caymen...I can't believe they just gave you $25.00. Do you realize how much more money they made that day because people could not get off the ship?

I'm sailing on Imagination on Monday and want to be prepared if we can't get to GC... I'd think $50 pp is more realistic considering you're on the boat and spending $$ all day like you said.

We just got off the Imagination on 2/5/05. It was wonderful. This was our second cruise. Our first was Disney with the kids. This was better for just adults. Most kids were in school and not many on board. Barry in the Piano bar is a blast. Be sure to catch him and tip him also!! I loved Jamaica. I would go back in an instant - - didn't get enough time at Margaritaville. You can snorkel for free at Margaritaville. It is right on the beach. There drinks can really zap you also! We went on an excursion to Dunn's River Falls that was good, but that is what took up all our time. They just need more time in Jamaica, mon.

In Grand Cayman, we did scuba diving. We booked on the internet with Eden Rock Dive center. I would highly reccomend them. It was just my DH and myself with the dive master. The worst part about Grand Cayman is that there were seven cruise ships there the same day (about 14,000 people shopping on the main drag). The foilage was sparse due to huricaine Ivan. Everything is expensive there also. We spent $15 on a Bud Light and a Mudslide.

The weather the whole trip was fabulous!! Take sunscreen and have fun!

We were on the Imagination on the 1/17/05 cruise. We had to miss Grand Cayman due to a medical emergency with a crew member. We received a $25.00 credit to our sign and sail account while we were still on board.

The cruise was great, we had a wonderful time. I would be happy to answer and specific questions, just post them on this thread.

:)

You got on just as we got off. We were able to get football in several places on Sunday 1/16. The TV reception wasn't great overall and the movie selection was terrible but we could get football!

Thanks for the advice. How hot was it when you went? Was there a deli or a vball court?

I think the temp. was in the high 70's, but it may have been close to 90 the day at Grand Cayman. It was comfortable the whole time. Jamaica is a rain forrest country and it may be overcast in the morning, but that will burn off.

The top gets windy. My DH tried to run on the track one morning and said he would be running along and it would blow him to the side 2 steps.

The pools were cool and salt water, but the hot tub is warm and fine.

Hi efan82! I leave this monday on the Imagination! My first cruise... thanks for the info. I've been praying for warm weather... glad to hear it was nice. How did you enjoy the food? Did you check out the sushi bar? Was your room clean? Service? Sorry so many questions... just looking to be prepared, although I know I'll have a great time. Thanks! Julie

Well, just heard back from the travel agent. Carnival will not be refunding us anything for not stopping at Grand Cayman. I wasn't expecting much, but we did pay port fees for that island. I'm sure the authority at Grand Cayman had to return those funds to the cruise lines, and I guess the cruise line just pocketed that money. You know, they could've at least given us a happy hour on the ship to buy some drinks at a reasonable price that day...or, better yet, given us a credit on our sign & sail card.

Am I wrong here? What does everybody else think?

Yes, thats true they are under no obligation to refund port charges. At times they will, but its not something people should count on. Here is the policy from the ticket contract.

9. (a) The Vessel shall be entitled to leave and enter ports with or without pilots or tugs, to tow and assist other vessels in any circumstances, to return to or enter any port at the Master’s discretion and for any purpose and to deviate in any direction or for any purpose from the direct or usual course, and to omit or change any or all port calls, arrival or departure times, with or without notice, for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to safety, security, adverse weather, strikes, tides, hostilities, emergency debarkations of Guests or crew, or late air, sea, car or motor coach departures or arrivals, all such deviations being considered as forming part of and included in the proposed voyage. Carnival shall have no liability for any compensation or other damages in such circumstances.

Archived