strange Entertainment times

I have written to RCL today because I find it unbelievable that when I went on line to book our shows for the 10th July trip - both Hairspray and Fly with me are either afternoon performances or very late night ones ie: 9pm onwards.

Whatever happened to the 7.30pm times that are shown on other sailing dates (on their website) so that younger children can watch them. The evening shows are part of our holiday after the early sitting..... Can anyone throw any light on this or is it a mistake?

I have written to RCL today because I find it unbelievable that when I went on line to book our shows for the 10th July trip - both Hairspray and Fly with me are either afternoon performances or very late night ones ie: 9pm onwards.

Whatever happened to the 7.30pm times that are shown on other sailing dates (on their website) so that younger children can watch them. The evening shows are part of our holiday after the early sitting..... Can anyone throw any light on this or is it a mistake?

I agree with you on the entertainment times. The DH and I like to go to bed early and get up with the sunrise and we saw all of the shows when we were on the Freedom and I don't remember any of the shows starting as late as the Oasis shows. Looks like we might be missing a few of the shows. Oh well, more Flowrider time :D

we did all the shows at that time with our kids, 11 and 12, there were LOTS of much littlier kids for all of them. We had reserved dining at 6:00 and have to say, were frequently running out because we had a show. We would usually get to dinner around 6:20 and then were out about 8:20 or so, then on our way to get good seats. Shows were fabulous, dont let the time get you down. We got to each show about 1/2 hour early, got a drink at our seats and were ready to go.

Whatever happened to the 7.30pm times that are shown on other sailing dates (on their website) so that younger children can watch them.

How young? When my children they were 7 and 10 stayed up well past 9 PM (usually 11 PM or later) AND the last thing they wanted to do was see a show with us. They were spending the time in Adventure Ocean. They made so many friends the last thing they wanted to do was spend time with us. They even missed the ice skating show in the Explorer.

Have they cruised with you before?

Have they changed the show times for Come Fly with Me? I see from their site that for the Western Caribbean sailings, there is a 7:30pm show on Day 7.

The only choices for Hairspray are 2:30, 4, 9:30 and 10:30. This is scheduled presumably because it is a long show (90 minutes). A 7:30 show would not give people enough time to get to an 8:30 dinner seating and would be tight to get to for those in the 6pm seating.

I would say your best bet is a 9:30 show, if you're willing to let the kids stay up that late, or else go with the 4pm.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/OA_Showtimes-at-a-Glance_AltRev2.pdf

Dinner normally lasts 1 hour 30 minutes and for some can last for 2 hours, so it seems that a show starting at 9 or 9:30pm isn't too late. It's a large ship and you have to walk from one end to the other to get from dinner to the theater. They have to plan the timing just right so everyone can see the show. And Hairspray is 90 minutes long, not the usual 45 minutes the normal production shows are, that must be taken into effect as well.

Thanks Guys for your updates and comments. Yes this is our son's 5th cruise and he is 7 years old - he can stay up until about 9pm and then just melts and thankfully he does still enjoying spending time with us and will only pick the odd night, if any, to go to the kids club.

My point really is that on other cruises there are 7.30pm showings of the mentioned shows and I fail to understand why on what must be the busiest family month of the year, they have with drawn that time for no apparent reason.

I suppose I won't be so peeved if the other times had not been available previously.

RCLs reply was

We have confirmed that the show times available for "Come Fly with Me" are

on July 15, 2010 at 9:00pm and 10:45pm or July 16, 2010 at 2:30pm.

Regrettably, there are no other showings currently available. We sincerely

apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

I think the 2:30 show will be nice...we are usually done on deck by then and even at 90 minutes we will be done well in time for main seating dinner...this will also leave some things open for night like the comedy shows or another headliner show...I think this schedule is going to take us a long time to get used to...

Archived