Gay Fathers/Mothers with Children that like to cruise

dobytn

Hi. We're a gay male couple from Toronto (52 and 41) and will be going on the Allure of the Seas on November 13 with our (soon-to-be three in July) twins - a boy and a girl.

We took them on the NCL Jewel in March 2009 when they were eight-months-old.

We are cruising with another gay male couple with a five-year-old girl and twin three-year-old girls.

What's sad is that I posted this info. in another thread about two months ago and have had a grand total of four replies (including a reply to a comment to someone who replied to my comment). :mad:

Hopefully, despite this, there will be other gay cruise lovers on the cruise. My brother and his wife have been on the Allure of the Seas twice this year alone - in January and February - and LOVED it!. This will be our first cruise on Royal Caribbean. We can't wait for all the kids to have fun at the H20 Zone waterpark.

We're just waiting for the air prices to be announced later in the summer for us to book the r/t flight from YYZ - FLL.

Maybe one/some of YOU will be on that cruise!? :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Have any gay parents done a Disney cruise with their kids? My bosses at the gay travel agency I work for swear by Disney, but they don't have any kids. I'd like to know if the kids program is supportive or at least neutral with respect to gay parents.

My partner (now my legally-recognized, pre-Prop 8 husband!) and I went on a Disney cruise in 2006 with our three kids, and we all had an amazing time. If anyone had a problem with us, we couldn't tell. We were just like any other family, and we loved it and met a lot of really fun people.

We are on the August 7 Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean sailing on RCI. I've posted elsewhere about this. We really didn't want this itinerary because it stops in Jamaica, renowned for its homophobia, but it was the only one that worked with our schedules and stateroom needs. If there are any other LGBT families aboard, I'd love to hear from you!

Edited by Doctor Pedantic

I've cruised with my gf a few times but never with the kids. I hope to do so (without my gf) in the next year - daughter 16, son 14. I see a lot of comments about cruise lines that were good. Any me and my kids should avoid?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Me and my husband (late 30's) are taking our six year old son on our first cruise, Disney Fantasy leaving next week (5/23/2015).

I know the crew will be great, but it's always a crap shoot when it comes to fellow travelers, and this is our first real vacation not traveling with friends or family.

Very excited cause I have heard how great the Disney cruises are, but more than a little anxious at the whole finding people to hang out with thing.

I guess it's all what you make of it, and we are pretty good at making a fun time no matter what we encounter.

My husband and I have been on at least 2 cruises per year every year with our now 14 year old son since our first cruise (a Disney one) with him when he was two and our most recent cruise on NCL just last month.

In our two times with Disney and every other cruise (both domestic and European) we've never encountered any outright discrimination and, just the opposite, have met many, many (both gay and straight) great people who treated us, and our son, no different than anybody else.

Honestly, this isn't something I'd worry too much about. Disney, NCL, Celebrity, RCL and others have always treated us as valued customers and the same as others.

You'll have a great time. Disney is a special line and they take great care of kids - both the young ones and adults ones - alike.

I'll never know what some people may have said or felt behind our backs but I can say that we've always been treated very, very well by both staff and the people we've met on our travels. Enjoy!

Thanks for sharing and helping put my mind a bit at ease. We are very excited to take the vacation, as is my son both because we are going on the cruise and that he is done with his first year of school and Kindergarten :)