Carnival Valor Review, May 2 - 9

Lizzzys

Loved your review- brought back some great memories (and yes I also thought the metromover in Miami was a bit 'sketchy' - see my review in link below!) :D

Hahaha, thanks Froufie! In fact I read your wonderful review before we left and found it very very helpful in planning our cruise!! Thank you!!

Thank you very much for your informative review. I will be on the Valor in November. We want to do the cave tubing in Belize. I think we will go with X-treme tubing (??). In reading your tubing portion I am concerned....will we make it back in time...and did you feel nervous traveling in Belize??? I appreciate the time you took to write your review. You guys had a blast...thank you for your response to my Belize questions.

I understand your concern in Belize and I had many reservations as well when reading the boards for information about that port. I have lived in Mexico before and found Belize to be very similar, so really I wasn't nervous at all while we were there but I have to say that I was glad that we were with a group. I would say normal tourist precautions should be used (ie. stay with your group) I found downtown Miami to be much more intimidating than any of the ports that we visited. Honestly.

I went back and forth between a few cave tubing companies before I finally settled on cave-tubing dot com. There was a merger of two of the companies going on when I was booking. It seems like there are good and bad reviews for all of them so I finally just picked the one I felt most comfortable with and did not regret my decision. It was important for us to be with a company that would be safe for the kids (nothing too extreme!) and I found that with the guys at cave-tubing dot com.

Have a great cruise!!!

Also, did you happen to notice if there was a beach near the pier in Cozumel that would be easily accessible? I was thinking we might be tired by that day & might want to be able to just walk off the ship & wing it.

I've spent a lot of time in Cozumel (I would move there tomorrow!) and you must take a cab to the beaches. I really really like Chankannab and I think its a $10 or less fee (per car load) from the pier. The cab prices are set on Cozumel and there are tons of cabs waiting for you when you get off the ship. No negotiating necessary. Its a very safe and friendly port so don't be worried about taking a cab anywhere. Also, the cab drivers often times carry coupons in their cars to save you some money on the entrance fees and activities.

~pugmommy

Oh my gosh! I'm so rude. I forgot to thank you for the great review. SORRY!! We are leaving on the Valor in October and Belize and Roatan are new to me so your review helped me lots with my planning.

Thanks for taking the time to review!

:)

~Pugmommy

Oh my gosh! I'm so rude. I forgot to thank you for the great review. SORRY!! We are leaving on the Valor in October and Belize and Roatan are new to me so your review helped me lots with my planning.

Thanks for taking the time to review!

:)

~Pugmommy

You're welcome! Enjoy the Valor!

Wow great review My family and I are cruising on the valor 5/16/10 I wonder how the monkey and parrot excursion is as in have prepaid for it.:)

It was okay. They sent a young man through with us as our tour guide and he answered many questions and gave us information about all of the animals as well as helped us to hold and touch the ones we were allowed to. My girls thought it was pretty cool. They certainly don't get that up close and personal with the animals at our local zoo!! It's definitely worth the $5.00 they charge. It's not a very big zoo but we spent about half an hour going through it and then tipped our tour guide at the end.

We were on the Valor May 2nd-9th as well. Loved your review! It was so sad leaving. This was my first cruise & I loved every second of it :)

Can't wait to start planning my next cruise!!

We were on the Valor May 2nd-9th as well. Loved your review! It was so sad leaving. This was my first cruise & I loved every second of it :)

Can't wait to start planning my next cruise!!

Well hello fellow cruise mate! Congratulations on your first cruise! I guarantee it won't be your last ;)

I see you mentioned there is a large hill to climb when leaving the ship in Roatan. Will someone with knee/hip problems have difficulties, or, are there taxis located closer to the ship? Thanks for letting me know........

I have never been here but I'm pretty sure that I read on CC that if one of your party walks up the hill then they can bring them as a passenger back to pick up the rest of your party.

Hopefully, someone that has done that can verify. You may even find that info with a search but as I said, I am almost positive that I read that in of the reviews.

Archived