Hotel Napoleon in Rome

Has anyone stayed at the Hotel Napoleon in Rome? We are looking at it because it has a quad room available for 190 Euro/night for the 4 of us. This seems like a good deal to us, but we have never been to Rome and do not know the city or what to expect.

Any comments appreciatied.

Thanks,

Donna

Hi

Following the May 7 Celebrity Galaxy Transatlantic cruise, DH and I, and a number of other Cruise Critic members, stayed on in Rome at the Hotel Napoleon. One of the CC members, Elmel, had researched hotels in Rome for us and found this gem.

The Hotel Napoleon is a 4 star hotel with reasonable rates. We stayed in the junior suite - I think that's the quad room you're considering. It's actually two rooms with a connecting door. Both rooms have two single beds and color television. The main room also has a mini refrigerator and a very modern bathroom.

Included in the room rate is a full buffet breakfast which offered cereals, fresh fruit, fruit cocktail, yogurt, sweet rolls, dinner rolls, sliced meats and cheeses, omelettes (not made to order though), toast, juices, tea, coffee etc. The hotel restaurant offers great food at prices slightly lower than local area restaurants, and it offers glasses of dessert wine and biscotti with their compliments at the end of the meal.

The hotel is tastefully furnished but is not glitzy. There is a terrific lounge for guests on the second floor - it has several sofas and comfortable chairs, a large TV and a computer with free access to email and the Internet. Guest rooms are clean and comfortable, and include a small bar fridge. There is a Metro stop right out front of the hotel, a very pretty park across the street and an inexpensive grocery store nearby. Hotel staff were always helpful in getting taxis, providing directions to get to various sites, and recommending local restaurants. I highly recommend the Hotel Napoleon.

For stays of 3 nights or more, the hotel offers free of charge a transfer either from the airport to the hotel or the hotel to the airport.

You can check out the hotel at its website: http://www.napoleon.it. I was corresponding with Mr. Domenico Nelli, the Assistant Manager. If you're interested, you can contact him directly at infobook@napoleon.it

Bev

Hi

Following the May 7 Celebrity Galaxy Transatlantic cruise, DH and I, and a number of other Cruise Critic members, stayed on in Rome at the Hotel Napoleon. One of the CC members, Elmel, had researched hotels in Rome for us and found this gem.

The Hotel Napoleon is a 4 star hotel with reasonable rates. We stayed in the junior suite - I think that's the quad room you're considering. It's actually two rooms with a connecting door. Both rooms have two single beds and color television. The main room also has a mini refrigerator and a very modern bathroom.

Included in the room rate is a full buffet breakfast which offered cereals, fresh fruit, fruit cocktail, yogurt, sweet rolls, dinner rolls, sliced meats and cheeses, omelettes (not made to order though), toast, juices, tea, coffee etc. The hotel restaurant offers great food at prices slightly lower than local area restaurants, and it offers glasses of dessert wine and biscotti with their compliments at the end of the meal.

The hotel is tastefully furnished but is not glitzy. There is a terrific lounge for guests on the second floor - it has several sofas and comfortable chairs, a large TV and a computer with free access to email and the Internet. Guest rooms are clean and comfortable, and include a small bar fridge. There is a Metro stop right out front of the hotel, a very pretty park across the street and an inexpensive grocery store nearby. Hotel staff were always helpful in getting taxis, providing directions to get to various sites, and recommending local restaurants. I highly recommend the Hotel Napoleon.

For stays of 3 nights or more, the hotel offers free of charge a transfer either from the airport to the hotel or the hotel to the airport.

You can check out the hotel at its website: www.napoleon.it. I was corresponding with Mr. Domenico Nelli, the Assistant Manager. If you're interested, you can contact him directly at infobook@napoleon.it

Bev

I have been emailing several hotels re: reservations but infobook@napoleon.it

email has been returned to me 3 times telling me it canNOT be delivered. It is the same email address on the web site. I emailed from there also; same thing, undeliverable. Has anyone tried emailing them?

We have reservations with them but I am trying to get answers to some questions. Any thoughts?

Thanks

I rechecked the address I had, and that is definately it.

We decided not to stay here after all. We rented an apartment in Rome for only 480 euros for a three night stay. We got a great deal. If you want the information for this, let me know.

Donna

We just got home and had another mail demon undeliverable message.

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----

<infobook@napoleon.it>

----- Transcript of session follows -----

<infobook@napoleon.it>... Deferred: Connection timed out with mail7.fullcompany.telecomitalia.it.

Message could not be delivered for 1 day

Message will be deleted from queue

This morning we had this message:

The original message was received at Fri, 4 Feb 2005 14:14:46 -0500

from mxip12a.cluster1.charter.net [209.225.28.142]

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----

<infobook@napoleon.it>

----- Transcript of session follows -----

<infobook@napoleon.it>... Deferred: mail7.fullcompany.telecomitalia.it.: No route to host

Message could not be delivered for 1 day

Message will be deleted from queue

I guess tomorrow I'll get the others back.:confused: The address that I'm clicking on is the one on their web site. Today I came and used the one on this thread.

Maybe it's Charter.net. Maybe tomorrow I'll use the telephone:rolleyes:

I have reservations with them for four nights pre and two nights post cruise. I have tried to E-Mail them four times to give them my flight info.

Three times it never went through. It came back each time undeliverable.

The last time I never got the undeliverable message, but have not heard anything. I do not think they got it.

I suspect verizon.net is not letting it go through.

If anybody has been able to get an E-Mail through to them please let me know how you did it. Here is my E-Mail. jim.jh@verizon.net. 12_1_200.gif

Hi everyone,

Has anyone tried cutting and pasting the email address into their own email address and sending it out that way? When we were booking our Ireland trip last year, I had the same problem. The emails would never go through from their website. So I started cutting and pasting them into my own email and sending them that way and had no problem after that. Don't know why. Maybe it's because it's going to a European website. I actually got pretty quick replies this way.

Hope this helps.

Hi everyone,

Has anyone tried cutting and pasting the email address into their own email address and sending it out that way? When we were booking our Ireland trip last year, I had the same problem. The emails would never go through from their website. So I started cutting and pasting them into my own email and sending them that way and had no problem after that. Don't know why. Maybe it's because it's going to a European website. I actually got pretty quick replies this way.

Hope this helps.

This is 'Grannie' from Grandeur's Canada/NewEngland Oct.'03

Tom & I finally got a response from Napoleon yesterday. We

had to go to one of our *throw-away-junk-YAHOO mail accounts*

and email through that. Response came back immediately. Charter.net

will not send it out/strange.

We are on Carnival's LIBERTY October 24, '05 16day Transatlantic / going to Rome 3 days early:) If you want to *share* any info, you can email me at

taintbluegrass@yahoo.com We are all set for Rome other than our Tours. Working on that.

LetsSail and I have communicated.

Brenda

Slidell, LoUiSiAna

Hi Brenda,

Just got the connection! We were on the Grandeur cruise together! Such fun we had. How have you and Tom been? Wondered what happened to all those cruisers.

Unfortunately, we are not cruising with you. We are on the Galaxy 10/7 Med Rome-Rome. Working on tours, transfers, etc. now if you have any good stuff to share. Just happened to see this post. Would have loved to be on Carnival Liberty as I heard it's a lovely ship.

my email: mziergiebel@yahoo.com

Good to hear from you.

Mary (cruisingmimi)

• 4 months later...

Archived