Getting married in Bermuda during a cruise. HELP!

Hello all-

My fiance and I are planning on getting married in Bermuda during a cruise there next April. We will be in Bermuda for a total of 3 days and plan to get married on the second day so that we don't have any time constraints. We are still in the beginning stages of planning and haven't made any solid plans yet. I would like to hear from someone who has done something similar. Did everything run smoothly? Did you use a specific planning company in Bermuda? I am worried about the logistics of it all and not being able to really control everything seeing as how we wouldn't even be getting to Bermuda until the day before. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Our DD is getting married July 2011 on the Celebrity Summit on the way to Bermuda. Celebrity captains can marry couples, so she decided to do that-on the day before they arrive in Bermuda. Then she'll have three full days for a Bermuda honeymoon (plus the return to Cape Liberty).

She had looked at cruising to Bermuda and then marrying there. It's possible with careful advanced planning. Cruise Critic won't allow outside links, so here's the address for the legal info (just rework it for your computer):

www dot bermudatourism dot com /weddings /pdf/Marriage.pdf

I think the tourism site also had info about wedding planners, etc.

Have you chosen a cruise yet? Is this your first time cruising? (Welcome to cruise critic!)

This will be ours as well as the majority of our guests first time cruising. We just thought for the cost we couldn't pass it up. Nothing is set in stone but we are leaning towards the Carnival Miracle leaving from NY on 4/14/11. We haven't even considered a traditional wedding. Destination is the only way to go for us! I have heard good and bad things about Carnival. Since I am by no means a seasoned cruiser I am pretty much getting all my info online. Do you think Carnival would provide us with a good experience or should we look elsewhere?

Hi again. Use the search feature for this thread, putting in your ship's name. (If you've already tried and had problems with the search feature, try again- it can be "down" at times). I recall reading posts from several Carnival brides- hopefully one was on the Miracle.

April can be a busy time for cruising (religious holidays, school Spring Breaks, etc), so if you expect a large number of wedding guests to be joining you, I would arrange with a TA to block off cabins as a group. And if you and DH want a particular cabin- book early. Also, Spring Break cruises have been labeled as "wild" (lots of partying, etc); I don't know that every cruise is like that, though. Have you looked over the Carnival thread as well as your Roll Call thread (assuming one has started)? You may get more of a feel for the cruise from them.

As for Bermuda, just make sure that your days there don't coincide with a holiday when the marriage office will be closed.

Archived