Question: First or Last Port Marriage

Would guests rather see the couple wed at the first port stop, or the last?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Would guests rather see the couple wed at the first port stop, or the last?

• First port
    • Last port

Would guests prefer to see the couple wed on the first or last port? Does it matter? I will be having a reception later that week at home for the people who could not attend.

Cozumel is our first stop

Cayman is our last stop.

decisions decisions...

If you are happy with either port then I would say first port. You would have less time to worry about all the little things that go along with the wedding (tan lines, how smooth everything is going to go, and just the general nervousness and excitement) and then you can have the rest of the cruise to relax as you would on your honeymoon. Just my thoughts.

As I have answered in your other post, there are pros and cons to both.

Don't let friends, family and or strangers on the boards sway your decision. Look at what ports offer you. If you want I can look for a few locations at both ports and decide which port is going to offer you the most or the best.

This celebration is about the bride and groom. There is never a way to please everyone so please yourselves and let them be happy for you!

If you pick a location or port over what others think/would prefer over what you think might be a better option are you going to look back with regrets if something isn't what you thought it would be?

Sorry i know I am not making this any easier for you.

I would get married in Cozumel. Since you don't have to tender, it'll be much easier to get on and off the boat. Grand Cayman is a tender port, and sometimes if the water is too rough, the captain won't even stop there because it's too dangerous to tender. It would be awful if you couldn't have your wedding because of rough seas!! Plus, if you get sunburned in the beginning of the cruise you'll look like a lobster on your wedding day! :o

Archived