Cambria Suites - Very Nice

macy

We stayed at the Cambria Suites the day after our ship came in. It worked out very well, we called them once we had our luggage and we were picked up at the port within 1/2 hour or so. They also shuttled us to the airport the next morning, so it was very convenient and saved us some money.

The hotel is brand new with really nice rooms. Our room had a king bed and a flat screen TV and a seperate area, not really a seperate room, with a couch, chair, desk, microwave, fridge and flat screen TV.

They also had 2 computers downstairs which came in handy so that we could check in with Southwest and print our boarding passes.

It was really hot that day, so we decided it was too far to walk to get to a restaurant. We found out that the bar served food starting at 5:00, so we looked at a menu and decided to eat there. They had a fairly nice menu and we had artichoke & spinach dip that was very good, although the chips weren't that great. They had burgers, pasta, salads, appetizers. We also each had a pasta w/chicken, artichokes and alfredo which was very good. It would've been nice if it came with bread or salad, although it was very good.

After dinner, the sun was behind the clouds so we decided to walk the block or so up to the main street and there was a Cuban restaurant across the street with quite a few cars there (so I bet the food is good there). I think we also saw a Subway up there, and I think there might have been another fast food restaurant down there according to someone else I talked to. But, it doesn't look like there is much very close. I think you have to walk quite a distance to get anywhere.

We didn't have the breakfast buffet which I think cost $7 or $8. We probably should have, because when we got to the airport, we were expecting McDonalds or something like that and at the Southwest wing, there was Duncan Donuts, a middle eastern restaurant, Uno Pizza serving breakfast sandwhiches that weren't that great and a couple of other little places with the prepared sandwiches and salads. I suppose at different areas of the airport, they might have different places to choose from. There was also a little Chilis stand, but it didn't open till about 9:30 and we had to board by then.

All in all, it was a wonderful stay at the Cambria, good food, great price, great shuttle and we would definitely stay again. I think if you had a car, it would be a great place because you could drive to a restaurant for dinner.

Mary

I hope you enjoy your stay there. It is very nice, I just wish the location was a little closer to restaurants and shopping. Regardless, it was very nice and we enjoyed it.

Sorry, but I didn't take any pictures while we were there.

Have fun on your cruise!

Mary

Archived