Carnival Liberty w/ 10 mos old Review

santacap

Cant say enough good things about the crew members of the Carnival Liberty with our 10 mos old. From the wait staff bringing out his meal early to keep him occupied, to each room steward on the floor knowing his name on the first day of the cruise :eek:

We had my mother with us who babysat a few nights, and all we had to do was let our steward know and he'd have the crib in my mothers room during dinner service, and back in ours in the morning. He'd move it with a few of Josh's toys too which was great.

Camp Carnival had open times from 12 - 2 on Sea Days and while we never took the opportunity to go up, the Camp Carnival staff would always play with him when they saw him on deck.

We brought our travel system stroller to accomodate our need for a car seat on excursions and in Miami. While the stroller didnt fit through the door upright it was nothing a little effort wouldn fix.

Excursions in Cozumel, Cayman and Ocho Rios couldnt have been better and I'd highly recommend for an infant. We did Nachi Cocum, the staff was great with him and there's cool areas, beach, and plenty of shady areas. In GC we were supposed to do the stingray sailing but that got cancelled with wind, but their support before was great... they offered up their car seats on the bus so we wouldnt have to bring offboard. In Ocho Rios we did a tour with Know Jamaica with Marva Shaw and she was brilliant catering our private tour for the day with our son in mind.

Embarkation and debarkation were a breeze with the staff helping along the way.

We were in Miami 3 days prior and Id absolutely recommend Nassau Suite in Miami Beach. its a block away from the beach, all rooms either 1 room or suites have full kitchens to stock the fridge with baby stuff.

We might have overpacked a bit, but all in all I think we did pretty well on that front. Didnt run out of diapers and a few returned.

All in all great time, on a great ship for our sons first cruise:)

Nassau Suite is that the name of the hotel? We're going to be going to on a cruise in Jan 2011 from Miami and we were thinking of places to stay after the cruise and maybe arrive a day before just in case. What are the prices for this suite? Does it have a W/D by any chance?

Nassau Suite is that the name of the hotel? We're going to be going to on a cruise in Jan 2011 from Miami and we were thinking of places to stay after the cruise and maybe arrive a day before just in case. What are the prices for this suite? Does it have a W/D by any chance?

Yes, Nassau Suite is the name of the hotel, its at 1414 Collins Ave.

www.nassausuite.com

There studio suite in May was 145, and the 1 BDR Suite was 180. There is secure parking on site, for 15 bucks a day. We rented a car at Alamo (they have a shuttle to the port) and parked which made it nice for runs to Target etc for shopping.

Unfortunately no W/D in the room, not sure where there would be one close by as I never looked, we just used the ships laundry.

thanks for the review...we will be taking my 10 month old grand daughter on the Conquest in September. Looking forward to it! Did your little one settle in right away?

thanks for the review...we will be taking my 10 month old grand daughter on the Conquest in September. Looking forward to it! Did your little one settle in right away?

yeah, he tends to usually... but there is so much color to stimulate, and so many people to watch it was hard not to.

He didnt seem to get queasy at all, even with the boat moving quite a bit a few nights through rougher seas

Archived