Bon Voyage World Cruisers 2010 ( thats better )

Gaznjo

My Mum and Step dad were supposed to be on this cruise, boarding in Dubai. However my mum suffered major health problems and was only discharged from hospital a few days before departure and her Dr could not give her the all clear to go. :( :( :(

Just think right now she would be on halfway through. Instead she's at home trying to get her money back from travel insurance. :(

Hope everyone onboard is having a wonderful time!

My Mum and Step dad were supposed to be on this cruise, boarding in Dubai. However my mum suffered major health problems and was only discharged from hospital a few days before departure and her Dr could not give her the all clear to go. :( :( :(

Just think right now she would be on halfway through. Instead she's at home trying to get her money back from travel insurance. :(

Really sorry to hear that as I know that would be pretty devestating if it was me... But I hope that your mum is much better now...

joanne

http://vaughancolleensaugust2010adventures.blogspot.com/

not sure if anyone is reading this one.... they boarded in LA and are heading home to NZ... Be warned there is some mild swearing included

joanne

Yes that one does make some interesting reading!

They reckon there has been 2 deaths on this cruise, I wonder how true that is?

I am sorry to hear that, luckily she wasn't on the cruise when that happened.

Hope their travel insurance pays up.

You will have to let us know how they get on, and then which insurance they took out, as it is always good to know which companies are good to deal with when making a claim.

Alpha is medical emergency...heard it a lot on the Cherry Blossom unfortunately.

Which blog has them voting on board?

I saw the photos of the food...oh dear...I really need to lost some weight before December/Jan.

The SA doctor has not posted anything for a while? Having the time of his life apart from the Alpha 1 calls probably.

I thought she was a bit presumptious saying that they passed away... I don't think they would be announcing in the buffet that someone had died LOL...

joanne waiting waiting for tahiti... problem is that the webcam is not working :-(

goodmorning all.... well they are having an overnighter in Tahiti they don't leave till 4pm on their 22nd.... what other islands can they get to.... no use catching the ferry to moorea as that is their next port... is bora bora too far for a day trip...

joanne

is bora bora too far for a day trip...

joanne

Yes, unless you fly, but then its a long way into Bora Bora from the airport there.

You can have an interesting day in Papeete, wander around, viist the markets, take a taxi tour down to the waterfall and blowhole, visit ths spot where Captain Cook observed the transit of Venus etc....

I wonder if anyone will take the ferry over to Moorea, stay the night in an overwater bungalow, and then re board the ship when it is there tomorrow?

David

and then re board the ship when it is there tomorrow?

The problem with cruiseships is that it is always a matter of "IF" rather than "when" -- remember what happened in Dublin :p

Barry

Archived