Circle C and excursions

floinnc

We are booked on the Fantasy August 8 with our grandchildren. The 12 year old girl is excited about being in a group "away" from her 10 1/2 year old brother. She wants to do parasailing with me. Two questions-should I book it for Half Moon Cay or in Nassau? Circle C apparently does excursions for this age group and I don't want our adventure to interfere with anything the ship may plan for them. Should I wait to book the excursion on board? Anyone have info on what the ship plans are for this age group off the ship?

Naturally, we are a little apprehensive about this as we aren't the parents!

I'm not sure that Circle C offers excursions for that age level. I know that Club 02 (14-17 year olds) offers an excursion on 1 port day if there is enough interest. My opinion...I would not be comfortable with my kids (16 & 20) doing an excursion without me. Their first cruise was this past March, and they also were not comfortable going to a foreign country without me. I'm sure the staff do an excellent job keeping tabs on the kids but...... go with your instincts. They can catch up with their new found friends after your day of excursion.

Are you sure the Fantasy is your ship? I checked the itineries for Fantasy and in 2010 there is no August 8 cruise. Rather August 9 but to Freeport and Nassau. Are you maybe on the August 7 Fascination to Half Moon Cay and Nassau?

Regardless, I'm sure parasailing at either location is similar in both experience and cost. You may be able to do some research for Nassau and find a less expensive parasail by booking directly. I did this in March on Key West and found a well recommended vendor that was 1/2 the price as the advertised Carnival excursion.

Have a blast....The grandkids will absolutely love parasailing!!!

Whoops-senior moment-it's August 14-August 8 is when the kids are flying to us from NY!

Thanks for your thoughts-you really confirmed what I was thinking! Good to get other perspectives.

I usually don't book ship excursions but I think with something like para sailing with a child, I'm more comfortable doing it with the ship than with an outside company. I'm also thinking Nassau might be more fun so you can see the Atlantis and the yachts from the air.

Any one else with ideas, please jump right in!

Thanks.

Archived