Best place for shopping?

Krausssj

Grand Turk is not an island known for it's great shopping. There's a bunch of duty free shops right there at the cruise pier complex. In the "downtown" (and I use that term loosely) there are a few brightly colored little shops, but not much of interest in there. My suggestion would be to save your shopping for another port.

• 5 weeks later...

We just returned from our 1st stop at Grand Turk. This port area was constructed by Carnival and is used by it's 3 brands primarily. Shopping at the port is varied and in a nice complex. I bought in Effy jewelers and another general souvenir shop for magnets, etc.

There is a large Margaritaville which attracts the fun loving crowd plus hundreds of lounges lined up along the Left side of the beach as you are looking at the land. You will find cars, taxi's, bikes and Golf Carts to rent. We rented a Golf Cart from Nathan for $80 for up to 4 people. I understand he charges $60 for 2. You just have to walk out of the complex past the parking lot and along the road to the Left. His vehicles are not allowed on the Port property! We drove along 15-20 MPH all the way to the Lighthouse for a fabulous view. On the return, we made stops at beaches and did see one small area with local shops in huts. Looked like a tour had been dropped off for a few minutes there. We ended up staying at Governor's Beach which is only about 10 minutes or less from the Port, but not walkable. They wanted $10 per lounge (even though cruise ship people had just vacated the chairs) but I got him down to $20 for 3 chairs. The water was beautiful but it was HOT.

agreed. we just call it a beach day when we're there and don't even bring money with us.

You will need Cash if you want any beverages. This is not a private island like Princess Cays. It does not take your Sign & Sail card.

Archived