Champagne gifts

Lem

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lem:
if someone sends us champagne as a bon voyage gift(thru Celebrity) and we bring it to dinner, is there still a corkage fee?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, there is still a corkage fee, I think it's $12.00, if you want to smell the cork, it's $15.00, if you want to smell the Sommelier, I believe it's $20.00! Hope this helps.

This ship 10/91
That ship 11/95
Whatever ship 12/98
here a ship 13/99
there a ship 14/00
everywhere
a
ship ship 15/05

<font size="3" color=red>Over 1 year</font> into my LMBO cruise

It depends, are you male or female?

This ship 10/91
That ship 11/95
Whatever ship 12/98
here a ship 13/99
there a ship 14/00
everywhere
a
ship ship 15/05

<font size="3" color=red>Over 1 year</font> into my LMBO cruise

The answer is no. If the Champagne came from Celebrity, either as a gift or as part of the room package, there is no corkage fee. The sommelier determines this, not be asking, but by checking the brand. In my experience, one merely has to place the bottle on the table. Magically, the sommelier appears, askes how many glasses to provide, uncorks, provides a bucket, and pours.

When I drank Champagne with Newt, he forgot to charge me for corking fee. Sorry Newt, no more dollars for you.

NBP [7<sup>2</sup>=49]
[I]Boten, you're always good for a laugh[/I] - newtocc
[I]Boten, I want to speak with Mrs. Boten. NOW[/I] - brigittetom

we had champagne and flowers sent to the room,upon arrival.Did not bring it to the dining table but asked our room attendant to have it chilled .He placed it in a lovely silver bucket with several flutes. we ordered fruit and cheese from room service... [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] ( for this of course there was no charge)
Also brought several bottles of wine from home. These we did bring into the dining room and were charged a $12 corkage fee

On the Summit a few weeks ago we tried something new: took our chilled Bon Voyage Champagne & glasses up on deck during sail away time and drank it. Worked out great and helped ease us out of stressfull work mode and into cool crusing mode!!

If you take the bottle to dinner there might be a fee. We have always had our in the suite for sailaway and so.... there has never been a problem.

Sue
[email="SueClark"]sueclark@aol.com[/email]

[B]Grand Princess - Western Caribbean[/B] - April 25, 2004
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;4;25;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

[B]Constellation Transatlantic 9/7/04[/B]

[B]Infinity Panama Canal 4/17/05[/B]

I just returned from the Zenith yesterday. There is no corkage fee if the champagne was purchased onboard. I know this to be true, one couple won a bottle in a dance contest, we had a bottle "appear" in our suite, like magic. We asked about a corkage fee and was told there would not be one. We were instructed to bring the champagne to the restaurant to be chilled, and we did. There were no problems or any fees. It made for a happy table at dinner.

Archived