Really random Dream question

mferris77

A bit of an odd question but it's been driving me nuts.

On the Conquest class ships, you initially board the ship on an outside deck on level 3 then enter the bottom floor of the lobby. You could also walk along this outside deck during the course of the cruise.. I always found it was very quiet because it didn't really lead anywhere. It was only accessible from the doors in the lobby.

How is this handled on the Dream? I've been looking at pictures of the Dream and I don't see any outside deck on or around level 3 - perhaps the lanai has replaced this outside deck? If that's the case, how do you actually board the ship? I don't see any doorways into the lobby from the outside... do you first enter the ship through the lobby or do you now board at the lanai level?

It will definitely be different from what you experienced on the Conquest-class ships (and also the Fantasy-class ships). Instead of the gangway connecting to the outer walkway, and then you walking through the door into the atrium lobby, the gangway will actually connect to the hull of the ship, and you'll walk directly into the atrium lobby.

During the sailing, if you attempted to go out that same entry door, there would be a splash. :eek:

That outer walkway is now the Deck 5 Premenade on Carnival Dream.

Archived