Advice on Waiting to Book White Pass RR in Skagway

kelligirl

Is it advisable to wait to buy our rail/bus ticket in Skagway for White Pass Railroad when we arrive in port in case the weather is foggy and we possibly wouldn't be able to see anything anyway?

Anyone have any experience with buying tickets on day of arrival? Do they "sell out" and is it a reasonable walking distance from the port area?

What else would you suggest for this port? This is the only port of our stops where I'm stumped. We're here from early morning to later in the evening so it'll be a long day (ages 49, 50, 76 & 77)

THANK YOU!!:)

If you book through the train you will have to walk up to the depot to board the train, if you book through the ship you will board at the pier. We will be cruising in a couple of weeks and when I spoke to the train people, I was told that they were sold out, but that the ship would be an option as they book and add cars as necessary (as I understand it). The ship had vacancy for all 5 of us. I would go ahead and book (as this is a not to be missed excursion) and then if something comes up or you chang your mind, cancel. :)

If you book through the train you will have to walk up to the depot to board the train, if you book through the ship you will board at the pier. We will be cruising in a couple of weeks and when I spoke to the train people, I was told that they were sold out, but that the ship would be an option as they book and add cars as necessary (as I understand it). The ship had vacancy for all 5 of us. I would go ahead and book (as this is a not to be missed excursion) and then if something comes up or you chang your mind, cancel. :)

Well thanks for that. I think I'll go with my first instinct and book with Chilkot Tours. I would hate for it to be sold out :eek:

What else are you doing while in port?

Archived