switch from JS to GS on Freedom?

I just gor an e-mail from our TA. They are having a Memorial Weekend Sale on a cruise that we have already paid for. My questions are 1) How can they quote me a price that is $400 cheaper (than what is on the RCI website) per person for a GS? 2) Is the balcony really smaller on the GS than the JS (I think RCI says the balcony on a JS is 101 s.f. and the GS is 87 s.f.)? 3) Can I change cabins (It will only be about $400 more than we've already paid for the JS) after we made the final payment? We've always liked the JS, but am wondering if it is worth it to try to make a change for the 3 of us (myself, DH, and DS). Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

I just gor an e-mail from our TA. They are having a Memorial Weekend Sale on a cruise that we have already paid for. My questions are 1) How can they quote me a price that is $400 cheaper (than what is on the RCI website) per person for a GS? 2) Is the balcony really smaller on the GS than the JS (I think RCI says the balcony on a JS is 101 s.f. and the GS is 87 s.f.)? 3) Can I change cabins (It will only be about $400 more than we've already paid for the JS) after we made the final payment? We've always liked the JS, but am wondering if it is worth it to try to make a change for the 3 of us (myself, DH, and DS). Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Why don't you call your T/A and ask them the same things you're asking here? Typically there are no discounts on RCCL cruises. Perhaps there is a promo for residence or age etc. If the diff was $400 total, it would be a no brainer for me. Concierge lounge here I come:D! Bon Voyage!

The balcony is definitely larger in the GS. The GS will have the larger bathroom, with 2 sinks and a tub. It also has a curtain that seperates the bed area from the sitting area, which gives some privacy if needed. With three people I would say definitely a postive move and worth the cost. We stayed in the GS on the Liberty and loved it. It's our cabin of choice if the price is right.

Archived