Are there any JW's on here thinking of Alaskan cruise next year?

Hi,

Sorry to post this here - but not sure where else to post. If you are not a JW then you know this does not apply to you :D

I just came back from a week in Alaska on the Carnival Spirit and I loved it so much ... 2 weeks in Alaska on the RC same time next year is REALLY catching my eye.

I am just worried about the temptation to neglect my theocratic studies ... 2 weeks without a meeting is a long time. If I can find some other Friends we can have our bible studies together. :)

I tried to find a group cruise but I do not see any right now. (I also contacted Betheltours.com but they said that even though there will be an Alaskan cruise, it will probably be in Sept. - I really like May. I am looking specifically at this cruise because the ports of call are different then were I just went to. )

Anyway, let me know

Hello Boise, Alaska sounds so amazing. It is so beautiful. I am a first timer sailing with a small group of some "friends" in October. I wanted to try a 7 day cruise before moving on to something longer. That website you listed, is that one that the society created?

Oh, so there are Friends on here :cool: I was beginning to wonder. LOL! Very nice to meet you!!

I couldn't wait ... I booked the cruise for May 15. I discovered it is a repositioning cruise and the only 12 day that is being offered. It was also only about $500 more than what I paid for my 7 day on Carnival. :D (Alaska is AMAZING!!)

Please ask around and see if anyone is interested ... I guess it is too late to get a group rate, but if just a handful of people go we wouldn't get a special rate anyway.

The ship doesn't leave San Diego until 4, so I will be able to make a meeting before I board. I will also have some recorded talks and the MP3s will be downloaded into my player. (I have it all figured out :)) ... but it would be great to have a proper study.

If you want, you can email me

(screen name AT Gmail Dot com)

Join the roll call for your cruise and ask there.

You can also post a note on the community board once on the ship. I have seen a few different kinds of notes posted there for people wanting to gather who have similar interests or beliefs.

Hello Boise although we love cruising and two weeks would be great..that cold weather is scary to me....We would love to do a group cruise with some friends from all over, wouldn't that be nice! 2 weeks is a long time without a meeting and getting together with some other friends on the same cruise would be helpful to stay focused ...i hope you can gather up some friends for this because it would be so uplifting....

Hello Boise although we love cruising and two weeks would be great..that cold weather is scary to me....We would love to do a group cruise with some friends from all over, wouldn't that be nice! 2 weeks is a long time without a meeting and getting together with some other friends on the same cruise would be helpful to stay focused ...i hope you can gather up some friends for this because it would be so uplifting....

I just got back from Alaska (May 11-18) and it was not cold. The temp was very mild. :) (Light sweater and jacket was all I needed) Maybe you should reconsider ...

Oh, so there are Friends on here :cool: I was beginning to wonder. LOL! Very nice to meet you!!

I couldn't wait ... I booked the cruise for May 15. I discovered it is a repositioning cruise and the only 12 day that is being offered. It was also only about $500 more than what I paid for my 7 day on Carnival. :D (Alaska is AMAZING!!)

Please ask around and see if anyone is interested ... I guess it is too late to get a group rate, but if just a handful of people go we wouldn't get a special rate anyway.

The ship doesn't leave San Diego until 4, so I will be able to make a meeting before I board. I will also have some recorded talks and the MP3s will be downloaded into my player. (I have it all figured out :)) ... but it would be great to have a proper study.

If you want, you can email me

(screen name AT Gmail Dot com)

Hi,

What a great idea to look for a group of JW's to get together on a cruise!

My partner and I are thinking of joining you. I also have meetings on tape to listen to before and during the long journey.

Would love to maybe organize a dinner in SD the night before we leave if anyone is interested!

Mark

@ ntodowell I thought the same about Alaska but after being on here and reading some of the things that people have to say about the cruise changed my mind. Especially after seeing the pictures...Alaska is so beautiful. If parts of the world are this amazingly beautiful now just imagine what we have to look forward to. :D

Archived