Anyone stay at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina Hotel before their cruise?

My family stayed here before our Enchantment cruise. The hotel is in a much more modern style than a traditional hotel. The bathroom "door" is composed of retracting doors with clouded glass so one cannot see in the bathroom. The balcony we had was a wrap around balcony. The room we had looked over the pool. I would gladly stay here since it is close (less than a mile) from the port.

Stayed here back in January and while it is just "okay" the Hyatt is much better. The Hyatt is located across the Intercoastal Waterway and also overlooks the port. We stayed here last week and it was much better than the Hilton.

The problem that I have with the Hilton is the rooms. They are small and the bathroom leaves a lot to be desirded. The bathroom doors are two small panel doors that slide together to close. There is a gap between the doors and the wall and if you want privacy in the bathroom, you will not get it. I would stay here again but would try the Hyatt first as I like being near the port.

We also stayed there the night before our cruise last month. The hotel itself is very nice, beautiful setting, good service, etc etc etc. The bathrooms are HORRIBLE! Not only no privacy, there are no towel racks, only two stubby hooks inside the shower stall. The shower stalls have no door, they're supposed to be like those deep walk-in showers that are very modern and hip, only the shower head is right inside the door, so you can't keep from getting water outside the shower. They have a rain-showerhead that has no pressure and a horrible supposedly adjustable shower head that doesn't adjust very well. (and that wasn't just a problem in our room, we chatted with some others) What did happen in just our room was that the chain in the toilet broke, fortunately the last time we needed it that morning!!

We would never stay there again.

Archived