East or South Caribbean

divingmedic

Just book a Thanksgiving cruise. Looking at booking an earlier cruise, late July for either Eastern or Southern Caribbean. I am leaning more towards Southern as it seems Carnival considers the Bahama's to be eastern Caribbean. We have been to the Bahamas already and not really wanting to ever go back.

They do have one that runs to Half Moon Cay, St Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk. We would either need to fly to San Juan or Ft Lauderdale and airfare is roughly the same price (go figure). So anyone who has taken both these trips. if you could chime in I would appreciate it.

The one that you mention would be a good one (and easy to do a beach day right off the ship in Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay if you're looking to keep it simple or save money). Half Moon Cay has a beautiful beach.

I haven't done Southern but it's on my bucket list...have heard great things about that itinerary. The only downside might be that it is port intensive...6 ports in 7 days, I believe. But some people really like alot of ports.

Good luck...either way looks good!

The one that you mention would be a good one (and easy to do a beach day right off the ship in Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay if you're looking to keep it simple or save money). Half Moon Cay has a beautiful beach.

I haven't done Southern but it's on my bucket list...have heard great things about that itinerary. The only downside might be that it is port intensive...6 ports in 7 days, I believe. But some people really like alot of ports.

Good luck...either way looks good!

Thanks for the input. We have been to Turks/Caicos before. It was ok. My family is more adventure than beach people. I just wish Carnival did St Croix instead of St Thomas. I did a live aboard dive trip to St Croix and it was my second best trip of my life.Plus I have a friend who is dive master in St Croix and would love to dive with him.

If the airfare is the same I would do the southern one. As there is more ports

to see on the southern.

I have not done the southern, but have done the eastern several times. I have

enjoyed the ports on the eastern as well.

The airfare cost for 4 has always stopped us as fares to San Juan form

our area have been pricey.

Thanks for the input. We have been to Turks/Caicos before. It was ok. My family is more adventure than beach people. I just wish Carnival did St Croix instead of St Thomas. I did a live aboard dive trip to St Croix and it was my second best trip of my life.Plus I have a friend who is dive master in St Croix and would love to dive with him.

Do they offer a side trip to St Croix? I know they offer one to St John. I went to St Croix when I was young (so my Dad could dive)...we loved it there...not all built up. I know they have dive trips out to the wall in Grand Turk as well....so will you be diving on this trip? Yes, not much for the adventurous in Half Moon Cay...that's for sure! Maybe you're better off with Southern:)

Do they offer a side trip to St Croix? I know they offer one to St John. I went to St Croix when I was young (so my Dad could dive)...we loved it there...not all built up. I know they have dive trips out to the wall in Grand Turk as well....so will you be diving on this trip? Yes, not much for the adventurous in Half Moon Cay...that's for sure! Maybe you're better off with Southern:)

Was thinking about the late July sailings. I now have to cancel our Thanksgiving trip as they will not let me off of work. Texas Ems Conference is that week and they always send about 1/3 of the work force to that and never let people take a vacation during that time.:mad:

Hands down the Southern. As to San Juan or Ft Lauderdale, do you want to maybe spend a day or two in either place prior to, or after the cruise? Also, leaving from San Juan makes me think that the ship won't be sailing at a very high speed. Is how fast the ship sails of importance to you?

Hands down the Southern. As to San Juan or Ft Lauderdale, do you want to maybe spend a day or two in either place prior to, or after the cruise? Also, leaving from San Juan makes me think that the ship won't be sailing at a very high speed. Is how fast the ship sails of importance to you?

Not really since this will be our first cruise. I know we will have to go into San Juan a day early and leave a day after the cruise as the flights just do not coincide with ship itinerary.

Archived