Love those C & A certificates!

Hmmm...this gets me thinking. We've been contemplating putting down a deposit for Allure in March 2012 under the current promotion of getting the OBC usually only available if you book during a cruise. This sailing doesn't currently have a C&A certificate.

Does this mean we could go ahead and book, secure that $100 per cabin OBC, and then apply a C&A certificate if one if offered later?

Also, I have a "Savings Certificate" that was sent to us soon after we completed our first RCI cruise...it's good for $50 per cabin off any cruise of 6 nights or longer...if I were to use this now for March 2012 and a C&A certificate appeared later that was a greater value, could I switch them?

Yes.

If you book on a cruise you will get the OBC and then be able to combine either the C&A Certificate or a P/D/D+ balcony Discount. I am assuming that you could change from a balcony discount to a C&A Coupon if one becomes available for your cruise.

If you book from home........you can only pick the balcony discount or a C&A coupon if one becomes available for your cruise.

I think I understand, but can't find the value of the balcony discount anywhere.

Here's our scenario: we will be Platinum after our 2010 NYE cruise. We have a May, 2011 FOS Eastern (booked onboard during our May, 2010 FOS). We received OBC, and a two cat upgrade (E2-D2). Can we request the Platinum balcony discount on top of this once we complete the NYE cruise? If so, how much is the discount worth on a 7-night cruise?

Sidebar; we will be booking a 5-nighter on Radiance for March, 2011 when on our Western FOS in six weeks, so I don't want to inadvertantly lock us into a lower discount if I can avoid it.

I think I understand, but can't find the value of the balcony discount anywhere.

Here's our scenario: we will be Platinum after our 2010 NYE cruise. We have a May, 2011 FOS Eastern (booked onboard during our May, 2010 FOS). We received OBC, and a two cat upgrade (E2-D2). Can we request the Platinum balcony discount on top of this once we complete the NYE cruise? If so, how much is the discount worth on a 7-night cruise?

Sidebar; we will be booking a 5-nighter on Radiance for March, 2011 when on our Western FOS in six weeks, so I don't want to inadvertantly lock us into a lower discount if I can avoid it.

Since you booked your May 2011 cruise on board in May of 2010 you got the special promo of the two cat upgrade and the OBC. Unfortunately you can not use your balcony discount when you reach the Platinum level because the combining of benefits went into effect for any cruise booked after June 1.

However, if you booked that cruise prior to May 17, you fall under the old Price Guarantee program where you will get any/all price reductions up until 72 hours prior to your cruise............so keep checking.

Since you booked your May 2011 cruise on board in May of 2010 you got the special promo of the two cat upgrade and the OBC. Unfortunately you can not use your balcony discount when you reach the Platinum level because the combining of benefits went into effect for any cruise booked after June 1.

However, if you booked that cruise prior to May 17, you fall under the old Price Guarantee program where you will get any/all price reductions up until 72 hours prior to your cruise............so keep checking.

Thanks, you're a true gem:)

The May, 2011 was booked prior to the 17th, so I guess we'll be happy with the discounts we already got, and who knows, maybe there will be a resident discount or price drop by then.

The 5-nighter we plan to book when on FOS in August falls under the new rules, so am I safe in presuming that regardless of whatever deal I get while onboard, I can also apply the Platinum discount after we complete the NYE cruise?

Thanks, you're a true gem:)

The May, 2011 was booked prior to the 17th, so I guess we'll be happy with the discounts we already got, and who knows, maybe there will be a resident discount or price drop by then.

The 5-nighter we plan to book when on FOS in August falls under the new rules, so am I safe in presuming that regardless of whatever deal I get while onboard, I can also apply the Platinum discount after we complete the NYE cruise?

Oh, how I love bling!!

Yes, you can book your 5 nighter when on board and then after you reach Platinum just call C&A and they will apply your balcony discount and you will still get to keep your OBC.:D But keep checking for C&A Savings Certs also, you may get a Cert that is worth more than the Platinum Discount.

Archived