dairy free diets catered for? vegetarians?

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has recently been on Pacific Jewel who has dairy free diet restrictions and/or vegetarian.

Were you adequately catered for? Dairy free spreads, meals, desserts etc?

I eat a vegan diet and struggled with my food on P Dawn. Just wondering if they have improved their catering for special diets since then. I know they do a good job of the gluten free diet, although do they make special gluten free desserts, biscuits or cakes?

thanks heaps!

I can't comment specifically about the ship you are going on, but I can say that we've just come back from the Pac Sun and I noticed that the front desk of the restaurant had a box with tags for special dietary requirements, eg, diabetic, vegetarian etc etc.

I can also tell you that on The Grand Princess, there was a woman who had a number of special food requirements due to medical issues and on the first day, she talked to the Maitre 'd and he had one of the Chef's come out to meet her where they discussed her requirements. Every night she was served something different and she said it was all delicious.

So why not go to the Maitre 'd asap when you embark and discuss your requirements with him?

Archived