Heathrow to Dover port

scran97

We (two of us) are booked on Voyager from Dover to Monte Carlo departing Sept. 9, 2010. Would like to share costs for transportation (limo or minivan) from Heathrow to Dover port. Scheduled to arrive Heathrow Sept. 9 at 10:45 a.m. on AA 78 from Dallas-Fort Worth. Any recommendations welcomed. scran97@roadrunner.com

There's a roll call thread for that cruise, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1046152

That's probably the place to look for others to share. Might be a bit tougher from Heathrow, since everybody arrives at different times and it's a big place, but good luck!

BTW, this is a wonderful itinerary--we did something similar in reverse a few years back, on Voyager.

We (two of us) are booked on Voyager from Dover to Monte Carlo departing Sept. 9, 2010. Would like to share costs for transportation (limo or minivan) from Heathrow to Dover port. Scheduled to arrive Heathrow Sept. 9 at 10:45 a.m. on AA 78 from Dallas-Fort Worth. Any recommendations welcomed. scran97@roadrunner.com

If you are looking for a good transfer company, I can personally recommend

www.englandtransfers.com

I have no connection with them but they have served me well in the past. On time and reasonably priced.

We have an itinery which brings us into Dover (Baltic..Stockholm to Dover). There is a train from Dover to London which probably also frequents Heathrow. The train was highly recommended by British acquaintances.

We have an itinery which brings us into Dover (Baltic..Stockholm to Dover). There is a train from Dover to London which probably also frequents Heathrow. The train was highly recommended by British acquaintances.

There is indeed a train. But there is no public transport between the cruise terminal and the railway station and the train goes to central London (Charing Cross). You will have to take your luggage on the Tube system, or get a taxi to move on to Heathrow. May I suggest you have a look at this site: http://********************************travel/heathrow_dover.htm

Sorry. When I saw that the URL had not been accepted, I was about to edit my previous post. I was then I was called away and missed the time limit. However if you google "Dover to Heathrow" and get to londontoolkit. com, under the airport transfers tag you will find the difficulties outlined for public transport.

Archived