Azura inside cabin riviera deck

jem57

we received a letter for p and o saying we had been upgraded to the riviera deck when we go on our caribbean cruise in jan 2011.however i have heard that the inside cabins on this deck are noisy due to the ships equipment above,can anybody confirm this,if so i will ask for a change before it is too late.

Yes, we have just got back today from our Baltics cruise on Azura and were on the Riveria Deck and can confirm that you can hear quite a lot of noise above you. It is a busy area above and we heard heavy footsteps,what sounded like furniture being scraped along at all hours and sometimes a loud buzzing sound during the night too. We had a balcony cabin so maybe it will be different from where you are. Unfortunately these balcony cabins on this level also have the added disadvantage of having a much larger overhang on them so there was no sunshine on the balconies during the day, only for a short while either first thing in the morning or later in the day.

Despite these problems we did have a lovely cruise and hopefully you will too.

:)

We have just returned from the Baltic cruise as well and were

on A Australia deck 529 inside mid ship and can say that we

also fealt a slight vibration through the head board and used

to pull our pillows down away to get relief from that and a

certain amount of noise which initialy I thought was from the

propultion system but was rather suprised when we docked

and the noise continued, so we assumed it was from the

aircon system which is very efficient and the temp control

actualy works -- yes I would have prefered it not to have been

so but the cruise was that good that we never complained and

just got used to it -- perhaps some others may sugest another

deck or just a silent inside cabin -- do what we did take

advantage of the good value drinks on board and finish the

evening off with some dancing you will be too tired to worry

great ship ,good fun -- enjoy :)

we received a letter for p and o saying we had been upgraded to the riviera deck when we go on our caribbean cruise in jan 2011.however i have heard that the inside cabins on this deck are noisy due to the ships equipment above,can anybody confirm this,if so i will ask for a change before it is too late.

We have also been upgraded to this deck for our October cruise. Just hoping it will be a lucky cabin!

On Aurora,crossing from SFC to Auckland we were driven crazy with a high pitched "wheeeeeeee"ing noise from somewhere near our cabin. Something to do with engines which we told ourselves - we really should be happy they're all in good working order!

Glad to hear you loved your cruise cobra1243 - I hope we can enjoy some late night dancing (with special beverages) on our cruise (last cruise was dead by 11.45pm!!!)

Can you tell me please - are the hair dryers any use ?

Caryl

I have just come back off the Ventura- which has the same deck plans as Azura, I was in A536, the engine noise was unbearable, i had no sleep for 2 days- well a total of 5 hrs, i was moved,only after someone left to return home after an emergency, so for after almost 3 days i finally got some peace - i moved to B341, which was heaven, I have since studied the deck plans on the Ventura and Azura and there is a lot of "White Areas" on the ship.I am due on the Azura on Oct 29th and have booked a partial blocked outside cabin on E deck, as far as i can work out i am above the Photo gallery and hopefully just avoiding the Malabar- I am in cabin E 611, my choice- hope i have got it right. Apart from the cabin incident i thoroughly enjoyed my 1st P&O experience for almost 30yrs, after cruising on Hal for many years. The sailaways were so patriotic and drinks so reasonable compared to most ships. :)Take care, audrey.

Archived