Pacific Islands or New Zealand Cruise Cruise.

maryjo62

My girlfriend and i are planning a cruise next year,on the P&O Pacific Dawn Ship,which leaves from Brisbane,Australia.

My girlfriend is afraid to go swimming,as she is epileptic.

Her mobility is hindered from a bad leg,but other than that, she manages quite well.

Some one told me the ground terrain on vila, and other Islands makes walking difficult, also there is 3 tenders, out of the 5 Islands we visit.

The cruise to Pacific Islands goes in September 2011 for 12 days,and the New Zealand one, goes in November 2011 14 days.

This will be my girlfriends first cruise,so i would like her to enjoy it.

Perhaps we should do a short cruise first,but none is under 7 days leaving from Brisbane.:confused:

I would suggest that the New Zealand cruise would be better for her because, with the possible exception of Bay of Islands, the ship should dock at every port. And I believe I read recently that some ships are now docking at Bay of Islands. The scenery and topography of New Zealand is varied and stunning. Problem with trip to the islands is there is not much difference from one to the other - beaches, palm trees, small towns - much like the Caribbean. The west coast of New Zealand is much like Norway - fjords and mountains, particularly if the cruise goes up into Milford Sound.:)

My husband is a permanent wheelchair traveller and we did both islands of New Zealand in February on Sun Princess and we were able to get off at every port except Bay of Islands. Prior to that cruise my sister and I did a eight day one to Emerald Bay, Noumea and Isle of Pines which was great but I would not go with hubby. Noumea would have been the only port he could have got off at and the smaller islands are not very wheelchair friendly. Therefore our choice would be New Zealand.

Archived