NOLA Trolley Info

careywv

Does anyone know where I can get information on the trolley in NOLA? I tried visiting their website, but the map is very confusing to read.

We are staying at the Drury Inn, and I wanted to see if there was a trolley to the French Quarter area. I'd love to walk there, but I'm afraid with the heat that it might be too much for the DH and the kiddos.

If you walk out the front door of the hotel onto Poydras Street and take a right, the first street you come to is Carondelet, the street car (not trolley) route. The street car stops at Canal. The French quarter starts just across Canal Street. The RTA schedule is not very reliable anyway, so don't depend on that, and service can be slow on weekends.

If the heat isn't too bad, it's a fairly easy walk.

Does anyone know where I can get information on the trolley in NOLA? I tried visiting their website, but the map is very confusing to read.

We are staying at the Drury Inn, and I wanted to see if there was a trolley to the French Quarter area. I'd love to walk there, but I'm afraid with the heat that it might be too much for the DH and the kiddos.

Dave,

In addition to the St. Charles Ave. streetcar, there is a street car that runs along the Mississippi Riverfront from the Convention Center and which has several stops in the French Quarter ending on Esplanade Ave. Below is an interactive map that you may find more user friendly.

http://frenchquarter.com/FQMap20090726.html

With that said, jgmpuma is right. It's only four blocks from the Drury to the French Quarter.

Jorge

Archived