need map Barcelona

has anyone found a good printable map of Barcelona online? or should I give up and go buy one. All along, from these little hotel maps and port maps, i thought Las Ramblas headed one direction, now I see it is headed differently. I just need to get my bearings while deciding on what hotel we want to use in November. We want to be close to the "action" but in a calm and relaxed sort of way. We will have two days precruise to see Barcelona and one post cruise, so we want to make the most of our time there.

Beverly

has anyone found a good printable map of Barcelona online? or should I give up and go buy one. All along, from these little hotel maps and port maps, i thought Las Ramblas headed one direction, now I see it is headed differently. I just need to get my bearings while deciding on what hotel we want to use in November. We want to be close to the "action" but in a calm and relaxed sort of way. We will have two days precruise to see Barcelona and one post cruise, so we want to make the most of our time there.

Beverly

I have been doing a lot of research and we are going to be in Barcelona in November as well. I have a couple of maps with locations of hotels on them and the Las Ramblas area plus lots of other information on Barcelona including safety. If you are interested, get in touch with me at brandtjm@verizon.net and I will gladly send you what I have to see if it helps you. Joyce :D

This link has some great info: http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/hotels/hotelmaps/barcelona-hotel-map.html

Actually, that site has some fantastic info on Barcelona in general -- wish I'd known about it before I went!

There are more maps available, just check the left thumbnail section for the other map links.

For hotel, I can recommend the NH Duc de la Victoria. It's location is FANTASTIC -- in the Barri Gotic about a block from La Rambla, a block from Plaça Catalunya, and a block from the Barcelona Cathedral. It was so inexpensive when I was booking it earlier this year, I was skeptical it'd be acceptable. It turned out to be really nice -- spotlessly clean, well-appointed, large rooms and really good breakfast buffet.

thanks everybody, i got my map! and a bunch of useful information from the sites you listed.

Joyce, I will keep your address in case I come up with additional questions after I wade thru what I have now. Thanks.

Beverly

thanks everybody, i got my map! and a bunch of useful information from the sites you listed.

Joyce, I will keep your address in case I come up with additional questions after I wade thru what I have now. Thanks.

Beverly

I recommend getting a copy of Frommer's Barcelona Day by Day. It has great maps of the city and the transit system as well as detailed neighborhood walks. Also includes info on tourist sites, hotels, restaurants and shopping. Best are the 1, 2 and 3 day walking tours. It was very helpful when we visit BCN for 3 days precruise last September.

also-note that Las Ramblas refers to the set of streets from Placa de Catalunya down to the Port area- ending at the Columbus (Colon) Monument.

There are other streets with 'Rambla' in them, including the nearby Rambla de Catalunya. This is a nicer street than the Las Ramblas area.

To be in the center of the action but a bit away from the more touristy Las Ramblas, check out hotels that are closer to Placa de Catalunya like the one lkakers suggests, or ones on the L'Eixmple side of of the Placa. That will be more calm & relaxed. Passeig de Gracia is a prestigous street, but very trafficky, and Rambla de Catalunya 1 block away is more tree-lined and less traffic.

Most of the guidebooks have nice pull-out maps. And when you are looking at hotels- note that you can't drive on all streets in the Barri Gotic, making cabs trickier, and pull up Google Earth and get the satellite or street views, you can really see the streets well. For walking around at night, I always felt safer on the wider streets (like in L'Eixample) as opposed to the narrow twisty streets in Barri Gotic. It was just more comfortable to have more open space around us.

We want to be close to the "action" but in a calm and relaxed sort of way. We will have two days precruise to see Barcelona and one post cruise, so we want to make the most of our time there.

Beverly

We stayed 3 nights at the Hotel Granvia, which is about a 5 min walk to P. Catalunya and the top of La Rombla. Nothing fancy, but large clean rooms and baths, free internet, good A/C and an excellent buffet breakfast. We flound the location to be very convenient.

Bar far the most useful tourist maps I've ever seen is the Map Easy Guidemap series. Their Barcelona one is the fist I bought before a three night pre-cruise stay there a few years back. Now I've bought their maps for other cities as well. I first saw this at a local bookstore but have also bought some from Barnes & Noble and Amazon.

Here is a link to their website. There is a link on that site to preview a section of the map.

Archived