Mexican Riveria or Eastern Caribbean???

YOWmom

So here's the dilemma: We're booked on the Disney Magic (7 night eastern) for Feb. 2011 with our 2 girls (who will be 6 and 2 at the time). We managed to score a secret porthole room at an ok price. We've done a similar itinerary before on Carnival and absolutely loved the ports.

However, the kids sale free promotion now offered for the Wonder 7 nt Mexican Riveria would be about $1300 cheaper for a full fledged ocean view. The negatives, of course, are:

- no Castaway Cay

- a longer flight with a 2 year old :eek: (with connections 7 hours+ vs. 4 hours direct to Orlando), and

- possibly more expensive airfare - est. $100 per person x 4.

Are we crazy for even considering switching to the Mexican Riveria? And, if we were willing to pay a 2nd deposit, would Disney let us book both cruises for the same week, while we monitor airfare fluctuations over the next few months, and then cancel one before final payment is due?

Myself I would just stay with the Eastern for now.

With kids the shorter flights is a huge plus.

But the biggest plus is Castaway Cay. It is a wonderful place and everyone really needs to experience it at least once.It is truly the highlight of the trip.:D

You can wait and do the Mex one in a few years when the kids are a bit older and able to entertain themselves on the longer flight.

Good luck with your decision.

Kathy

I was in the same dilemma. We are on the east coast though and our 2 y/o would not only have to deal with a 7+ hour flight but also a 3 hour time change. I figured he would be miserable half the cruise trying to adjust. Worth the extra money for me not having to deal with that stress. We stuck with a caribbean in Feb.

Archived