shoes

kguenther

Depends on what kind of fins you have. Most excursions from a boat have the full foot fins so no dive booties needed. But if you have fins with just the strap around the heel I would recommend wearing booties. Don't know if you are also planning on buying fins (saw your other posts re mask/snorkel), but I prefer the open heel fins, just because when snorkeling from shore which could be rocky, its easier to just wear your booties and then slip on your fins at the water. With the full foot fins you don't really have room for booties and can't see trying to walk either with the fins on, or barefoot out to the water...just my opinion.

I second Cruisin*tigger. I can't imagine snorkeling without proper fins, either full or bootie with strap. Having fins is a safety issue, at least to me.

I'll tritto the two responses above and add that if you are snorkeling from shore in Cozumel, you do want to have some booties. If snorkeling by boat, full footed fins are best for snorkeling. They have less drag and tend to be lighter.

Archived