caribbean question

suebubbles

When we are at the cruise ports in Barbados St Lucia St martin and a few others what id like to know is if we just want a relaxing day on a nice beach where the ships come in are we within walking distance to the beaches or are taxis required we dont mind a bit of a walk so was just wondereing? any advice on this matter would help thanks in advance sue:)

Hiya, We only went to the Caribbean for the first time last year so other people on here will be able to help more but St Maarten had a beach a five minute walkaway in the town, it was really big and looked very nice. We got a taxi in Barbados to Paynes Bay which was roughly 20 mins away but there is beaches nearer. We went up to Pidgeon Point on St Lucia on a scuba trip but that beach wasn't up to much, I myself would be interested if there was one nearer!

St. Lucia: If you just want a picturesque beach then Rodney Bay is fine but I would not advise swimming here.

St.Martin; A water taxi from near where the ship berths will take you directy to the town beach. It has sunbeds and umbrellas and beach bars right on hand.

Tortola: Local taxi bus to Cane Garden Bay. A beautiful beach and a great bus ride to get there!!!

If you Google beaches for each island you will get many to choose from.

From memory you cannot walk to a beach on Barbados you will need to get a taxi, but Barbados has lots of superb beaches and the taxi drivers can tell you how far away they are, we did a 10 minute drive, I cannot remember the beach name but the water was fantastic to swim and snorkel in.

I was not impressed by St Lucia at all, my advice would be have a quiet day on board the ship. If you want to see anything be prepared for a very long drive. We did not see any nice beaches at all.

St Martin as the previous poster says is easy, just get on the water taxi, its a few minutes and takes you right to the beach.

Chris

We walked to a beach in Barbados from the ship and spent a lovely few hours relaxing with hardly anyone else there. Maybe it was not that well known. OK so it wasn't the prettiest beach on the island but there was sun, sand, sea, boats out at sea and a few sporty folks on jet skis etc. What more coud you sk for? Would go there again.

When we were in St Lucia, we got a taxi to a resort called "the Rex". Can't remember how much the taxi was, but it wasn't much. The beach was beautiful and the sea was lovely. However, there were some quite big waves. We thought it was stunning.

Archived