Anyone just return from the Mariner?

RM

Would love to know how this cruise since last week the reviews were poor. Hope you all had a wonderful time!

Up next Mariner of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;6;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Then Jewel of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;12;18;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Hello Rose,

We are going on it during Thanksgiving. I also saw many poor reviews regarding the Mariner. Some folks said their cabin was not ready until 8:30pm.

Alysia

7/01/04 Brillance of the Seas Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;7;01;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I think calling those reviews "poor" would be a rash comment. Other than the first day, everyone's reviews were very positive. Please think before you type! icon_wink.gif

Chris

MARINER- 07/04/04 CAN'T WAIT!

ROLL CALL- http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=1683059817&m=2903014867&r=7063060177#7063060177

Yes, I was one of the people on that mariner cruise and we had a GREAT cruise. We just got off to a bad start and we all know that can happen anywhere. I have NOTHING bad to say about my Mariner cruise. It was almost perfect!

The food was better than I expected and the ship was MIGHTY and AWESOME. Made the Disney look like a little tugboat!! I was dumbstruck!

I am especially curious to see if the steward situation was better this week.

I haven't see a really bad review. I'm just concerned that some of last weeks issues have been resolved.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;6;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Then Jewel of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;12;18;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

RM:

Last month we were on the Mariner and had a wonderful cruise!

Joey, are room steward, was the greatest! Poor guy must have delivered a ton of ice to our stateroom over the cruise!

V&M

Jewel of the Seas April 2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;4;23;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Mariner of the Seas May 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;5;16;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Navigator of the Seas May 2003

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2003;5;3;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Explorer of the Seas November 2001

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2001;11;24;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

We had a wonderful cruise. The ship was fully booked. Our stateroom attendent took care of all our needs and kept the cabin clean and neet. We could not have asked for a better waiter staff. We did hear that RCI added ten waiters to our cruise.

We enjoyed the cruise. There were activities for every age group and I thought the 700 youngsters were very well behaved.

As for the food - Not a meal that I didn't like. Unfortunately, I liked the deserts a little too much as I peeked at the scale this morning!

The entertainment was good as well, especially the Ice skating show and the Happenings.

Embarking had a little problem as everything stopped until all the previious passengers disembarked. Other than that it was a relatively quick process. We were fortunate to have early tags for disembarkment: went thru customs quickly, picked up luggage in minutes, and we were on the road by 8:15am.

In my opinion, RCI gave us a great cruise vacation.

George

Mariner 05/30/2004<BR <applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=5>

<param name="day" value=30>

<param name="hour" value=12>

</applet>

Remember, whatever you read or hear about the Cabin Stewards, for every bad post someone actually takes time to type, there are probably 10 times as many good ones, people are less likely to take the time to sit down and write something positive. Mostly human nature.

The oceans and currents can change from week to week, so hearing about how the seas were could be helpful, but also misleading making you worry for no reason. It could also be affected by how fast the captain feels he has to make in time to get where he is going and would curtail the use of the stablizers.

Just remember.....you will be crusing so any minor cabon cleaning difficulties and rocky waves are still better than be sittin in the office.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&prgb=990099&cdt=2004;07;04;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0700f

RM - we arrived at Port Canaveral (very easy to find) around 11:00 but shortly there after all boarding was stopped for about an hour and a half. Seems to have been some problem with an exiting cruiser from the previous cruise. You drive your car past the parking gararge then past the entrance to the terminal. Just past the terminal you are directed to unload your luggage - fairly quick. Then you are headed to the parking area and go thru a toll booth - $70 for the week - credit cards accepted. The parking gararge is across from the terminal. Takes a few minutes to walk from the car to the terminal. Once in the terminal your carry-ons get scanned and you walk thru a metal detector. Quick and painless (brought on a small cooler with a few cans of soda and beer - no problem). Next you go up an escalator and get on line to check in based on deck number. It looks crowded but they had quite a few checking people in. We just had to show our pass ports and picture ID and provide then with your credit card to scan. Received our sea pass card and headed toward the ship. Took about two minutes. Taking photos and up another escalator and onto deck 4 of the ship took a few more minutes. I would say it took no more than 15 minutes after parking and walking on the ship. Be prepared for a magnificant sight - most beautiful ship at the port.

Tequilarat - We ate at the promenade cafe many times. It is not a main dining area but they offer pizza, small sandwiches, pastry, coffee, tea, and hot chochlate (self serve on the drinks). I thought the coffee was good - better than I had on the Explorer several years ago. It was nice to have a place to sit and nibble or have a cup of coffee on the promenade.

Tezbear - waters were calm. All I felt was very mild forward or slightly rocking motion during the cruise. I hadn't heard anyone getting ill from it. Of course we had fine weather - a little shower early one morning and some lightening the night before we got back to Port Canaveral. But a smooth ride none the less.

Enjoyed the cruise and would book again on the Mariner (after I save up some money that is).

George

Mariner 05/30/2004<BR <applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=5>

<param name="day" value=30>

<param name="hour" value=12>

</applet>

I was on the Mariner with George.....hey George...and I totally agree with everything he said. The cruise was FABULOUS!!! I'd go back again tomorrow if I could. Captain Johnny was hilarious and the CD staff were great also. Our cabin stewards..you have two now and our wait staff were excellent. Our waiter was so funny, he should've been headlining! Great fun for all of us! I'll be writing a review soon.

icon_smile.gifShelia icon_smile.gif

Mariner of the Seas-May, 2004

Carnival Destiny-June, 2002

Thanks for answering the questions. I haven't been to Port Canaveral in a while and I've heard that embarking can sometimes be bothersome. Not that I care......I'm getting on! LOL

Then Jewel of the Seas

Archived