Blue Lagoon/Beach Closed- Carnival Question!

cruisinmom68

I did all this on my own just last year but now am totally confused!!

I see that Carnival offers the Blue Lagoon Beach day... Now here is my question, I can book a dolphin encounter directly through dolphinencounters.com but it tells me the beach is closed that Thursday. But it is not really closed because Carnival guests can purchase the excursion..

I to will be a carnival guest but I want to do a dolphin encounter on the island.

Am I forced to purchase both???? The $76 beach day through Carnival amd then another $98 for the dolphin encounter just that we can visit the beach while we are waiting for the program?? Seems silly! But I dont want to get there and not be allowed near the beach either :(

Anyone else done this or know how to go about doing this so that it makes logical sense? lol THanks so much!

I did all this on my own just last year but now am totally confused!!

I see that Carnival offers the Blue Lagoon Beach day... Now here is my question, I can book a dolphin encounter directly through dolphinencounters.com but it tells me the beach is closed that Thursday. But it is not really closed because Carnival guests can purchase the excursion..

I to will be a carnival guest but I want to do a dolphin encounter on the island.

Am I forced to purchase both???? The $76 beach day through Carnival amd then another $98 for the dolphin encounter just that we can visit the beach while we are waiting for the program?? Seems silly! But I dont want to get there and not be allowed near the beach either :(

Anyone else done this or know how to go about doing this so that it makes logical sense? lol THanks so much!

This IS the deal that Carnival set up with them. Seems a bit greedy, doesn't it.

CALL and ask the folks at the dolphin encounter. they may be able to help you out.

For the most part.. Carnival is leasing the island for the day and they are in charge of the pricing. DE may be able to circumvent... but maybe not.

Archived