Dominica beaches

jackdiamond

We visited Dominica once and we walked to the Botanical Gardens; and, we were underwhelmed, since we viewed not much more than we see in SWFL. We are intererested in the input of anyone who has visited beaches in Dominica vis-a-vis quality thereof, chair and umbrella rental and mode of transportation to and from the pier.

Thank you.

Hi,

You may take a private taxi from the pier to the Mero beach on the west or if you wish you may go up north to the Purple Turtle, Picard or the coconut beach. Most of the beaches in Dominica do not have this umbrella setting or for rent.

• 2 weeks later...

to OP - I just booked a tour that included a stop at the botanical gardens and emailed the guy after I saw your post, to see if we can do the rainforest instead. I think I wouldn't be thrilled by the gardens either!

It's really easy to just book a tour when you get off the ship. That's what we did a couple of weeks ago and it was great. We paid $25 pp and saw just about everything. We left at 10:00 and got back to the ship around 1:30. The Botanical Gardens is really just a drive through.

We went to Trafalgar Falls:

371.jpg

The Sulfur Springs:

384.jpg

The Botanical Gardens:

390.jpg

A scenic Overlook with shopping stalls:

393.jpg

And a Black Sand Beach:

404.jpg

It was a great day! And the price was definitely right. We were in an air-conditioned van and our tour guide was the nicest lady.

We visited Dominica once and we walked to the Botanical Gardens; and, we were underwhelmed, since we viewed not much more than we see in SWFL. We are intererested in the input of anyone who has visited beaches in Dominica vis-a-vis quality thereof, chair and umbrella rental and mode of transportation to and from the pier.

Thank you.

You'll have the same reaction to the beaches as you had to the botanical gardens.

• 2 weeks later...

id disagree here because my family are from montserrate, which is a black sand volcanic island. nothing wrong with black sand. and who cares if theres no water sports? theres a bar with a restroom so thats all i need, and plenty of seclusion , no crowds, perfect end to a day spent in the rainforest and spa. ;)

Archived