Spirit...Balcony obstructions

ccookwood

Do all the balconies on the Spirit have obstructed views? And can you still see out?

There is a site where you can see which cabins are more obstructed than others, but basically, the 7a's that are towards the aft have smaller lifeboats/less obstructions. Our faves are 5236 and 5238. They have the smaller lifeboats, the top of the lifeboats are at ankle level. The only obstruction is that you cant see straight down. And the balconies on those cabins are 30 feet wide. That's almost 4 times the size of a regular balcony, and just 10 feet shorter than an aft wrap balcony, for a 7a price. It is THE best deal on Spirit class ships.

The 7A balconies are the ones with obstructed views, but not too bad. I'll see if I can post a few pics of 5236 on the Miracle. LOVED it!! The obstruction was only when looking down, I took tons of sunset and port pics from the balcony with no obstruction whatsoever.

CarnivalMiracle6-8-10_005.jpg

CarnivalMiracle6-14-10_003.jpg

We were in 7186 on Legend (extended balcony) and had a wonderful view straight out but looking down were the lifeboats. I personally preferred that since I have a fear of heights, yet having the lifeboats 3 decks below helped me be able to stand at the edge of the balcony and look down without fear.

Archived