Recent CB cruisers: What time did the ship actually leave the pier in Brooklyn?

DonnaK

The itinerary says 5pm, but I went down to Brooklyn today to watch the ship pass under the Verrazzano Bridge and it didn't leave the pier till about 6:45 (it got to the bridge around 7:15). The happened when we went down on Mother's Day too (but that was the windy day that the ship hit the gangway, so we assumed that was the reason for the delay that time, until it happened again today).

I'm wondering if sailaway is actually later than 5pm (because we will miss it if we are at early traditional dinner).

The itinerary says 5pm, but I went down to Brooklyn today to watch the ship pass under the Verrazzano Bridge and it didn't leave the pier till about 6:45 (it got to the bridge around 7:15). The happened when we went down on Mother's Day too (but that was the windy day that the ship hit the gangway, so we assumed that was the reason for the delay that time, until it happened again today).

I'm wondering if sailaway is actually later than 5pm (because we will miss it if we are at early traditional dinner).

On the June 5 sailing we left on time, at 5:05 PM actually. I noticed that it sailed late again yesterday

On the June 5th sailing we left at exactly 5:00 pm....

Did anyone happen to notice the excitement on the pier at 4:50 pm when either a passenger or a new crew member just joining the ship arrived and demanded to be allowed to board.

They did eventually let her on.

We watched the whole story unfold from our balcony on that cruise. (June 5th)

Pretty amazing!

Hey Donna...thats an excellent question. I wish it would leave at 5 promptly - we have the early seating also. I remember when we did Can/NE last year. We had to stay in port (in Red Hook) because of the hurricane. We didnt leave until 5:00 AM that next morning. I made sure we were all up and out on our balconeys to see it. It was very quiet and yet, beautiful because the bridge was all lit up. Something you and me see all the time but I never get sick of it.

:)

Archived