Help! Anyone familiar with PR fauna?

sunshine252

We recently returned from Enchantment of the Seas 9 day Caribbean itinerary which included a stop in San Juan. On the way to and from the mountains for the zip lining excursion, our guide pointed out a shrub/small tree with flowers that he said change color from white to purple (or vice versa) when it rains. Does anyone know what this tree is called? Thanks in advance for any help!

One of the many reasons I don't give too much credit to tour guides...

Never heard of one doing it in the rain, but there is a "yesterday, today, and tomorrow plant that starts off purple, then goes to light purple and then white over time (like 3 days). Brunsflesia latifolia

Do a search on it and tell me if that us what it was.

One of the many reasons I don't give too much credit to tour guides...

Never heard of one doing it in the rain, but there is a "yesterday, today, and tomorrow plant that starts off purple, then goes to light purple and then white over time (like 3 days). Brunsflesia latifolia

Do a search on it and tell me if that us what it was.

LOL... I know it doesn't make much sense, but I swear that the ones we saw were purple when we went up the mountain (after a storm) and white when we came back down... I could be wrong though! :rolleyes: I'll look at the one you mentioned & see if it looks similar. Thanks!

Archived