ROLL CALL: 15-Night Transatlantic on Constellation 05/07/2011

wxjcupo

• 1 month later...
Hi Michael!

That sounds wonderful! Yes, it would have been nice to repeat the fun times, but those memories will always be with us.

Michael and Jeff

We were on the Summit together last year San Juan to Barcelona, a great trip with great company. Paul and I have booked the Celebrity Solstice for May 1 2011 from Fort Lauderdale to Barcelona, so far there are two other couples Fred and John from Chicago and Doug and David from Dallas booked as far as I know. I imagine that being a Fort Lauderdale departure there will be droves of folks joining us. We have booked Aqua Class. Yes you are right the prices are dropping all the time, we have had our invoice reduced by $ 300.00 already on top of an already ridiculously low per diem rate. We got a good deal with British Air to fly Barcelona to London where we will spend a few days before returning home to NYC via Ireland on Aer Lingus who are currently offering great one way transatlantic fares from europe. It would be great if you two could join the Solstice sailing

Mega Hugz to both of you

Peter

Michael and Jeff

We were on the Summit together last year San Juan to Barcelona, a great trip with great company. Paul and I have booked the Celebrity Solstice for May 1 2011 from Fort Lauderdale to Barcelona, so far there are two other couples Fred and John from Chicago and Doug and David from Dallas booked as far as I know. I imagine that being a Fort Lauderdale departure there will be droves of folks joining us. We have booked Aqua Class. Yes you are right the prices are dropping all the time, we have had our invoice reduced by $ 300.00 already on top of an already ridiculously low per diem rate. We got a good deal with British Air to fly Barcelona to London where we will spend a few days before returning home to NYC via Ireland on Aer Lingus who are currently offering great one way transatlantic fares from europe. It would be great if you two could join the Solstice sailing

Mega Hugz to both of you

Peter

I wish, Peter!!! How have you been?

Since we are already booked and ready to go on the Constellation sailing May 7, 2011, it would be impossible to do both. Wouldn't that be cool, though!! :-)

I was able to use my points from extensive business travel last year to get us free business class tickets home from London. We will stay in Amsterdam for free for two nights after disembarkation and fly to London for 23 euros apiece and stay there a night for free using my points as well. All in all, with all of the freebies, the cruise was a great bargain for three weeks off from work!

Hope you have a great trip!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
My husband and I just booked today along with the May 22nd sailing as back to backs. We are looking forward to the adventure and meeting others on board.

Awesome, guys! We look forward to meeting you! I am getting very excited about this trip and it's months away!

Anyone else onboard?

• 2 weeks later...

We were going to take a T/A cruise in April to Southampton that would arrive on April 29th. Not a good day to go to London, because of the Royal Wedding on that date. So, we changed cruises and are now able to join you all.

We were on the T/A to Rome this last spring and were able to spend a week in Rome and that was a great joy. We will also be on the 10 day Pied Piper this next February.

We plan for two nights in Amsterdam and then on to Munich and Hamburg for a week to check out the Art.

See you all in the Martini Bar

Warren;).

We were going to take a T/A cruise in April to Southampton that would arrive on April 29th. Not a good day to go to London, because of the Royal Wedding on that date. So, we changed cruises and are now able to join you all.

We were on the T/A to Rome this last spring and were able to spend a week in Rome and that was a great joy. We will also be on the 10 day Pied Piper this next February.

We plan for two nights in Amsterdam and then on to Munich and Hamburg for a week to check out the Art.

See you all in the Martini Bar

Warren;).

Hi Warren,

We will be spending two nights in Amsterdam as well after we disembark. We will spending it at the Hilton in town. Glad to have you aboard. I know several of our friends will be on the TA that you chose to skip. I think they *want* to be there at the royal wedding. Not me! Looking forward to meeting you!

We should all get a table together.

--Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

Jeff and Warren

Nice to see others will be on board. My apology for not checking this post sooner. We were busy with a couple of short Caribbean cruises in November.

The Constellation will be our first adventure doing a trans Atlantic to Northern Europe and the Scandinavia/Baltic as a back to back. This will be our longest cruise at 27 days, so we are excited and a bit apprehensive about being away from home that long. We have always had excellent experiences on Celebrity and look forward to an enjoyable time.

We could pick a place to meet at sail away on the first dayl Will either of you have access to Michael's Club during the cruise?

Gary & Chi

Jeff and Warren

Nice to see others will be on board. My apology for not checking this post sooner. We were busy with a couple of short Caribbean cruises in November.

The Constellation will be our first adventure doing a trans Atlantic to Northern Europe and the Scandinavia/Baltic as a back to back. This will be our longest cruise at 27 days, so we are excited and a bit apprehensive about being away from home that long. We have always had excellent experiences on Celebrity and look forward to an enjoyable time.

We could pick a place to meet at sail away on the first dayl Will either of you have access to Michael's Club during the cruise?

Gary & Chi

Sure, we will have access to the Michael's Club. It is not an exclusive club, except at breakfast, when it is open only to elite members. Are any of you doing late seating dinner? Perhaps we could hook up/join our reservations together so we all sit at the same table for dinner. Just a thought. We have done this before many times and have had a wonderful time each time we did it.

--Jeff

Greetings to Gary & Chi & Jeff---

We now plan to be in Ft. Lauderdale for two nights b4 our cruise. We are putting together the air now.

We will go on to Hamburg for 3 nights and then on to Munich for another week. In Munich we will be able see a production on the "Der Rosenkavaller" a special Opera for us. We then return to Amsterdam for our T/A flight.

We are going to choose "Celebrity Select Dining" for our evening dinners. This will allow open seating till 9:30pm We like to eat around 8 or 8:30 or so, after a drink or two in the Martini bar. Anyway it allows one to be flexible. What do you think?

Warren & Werner:):)

Sure, we will have access to the Michael's Club. It is not an exclusive club, except at breakfast, when it is open only to elite members. Are any of you doing late seating dinner? Perhaps we could hook up/join our reservations together so we all sit at the same table for dinner. Just a thought. We have done this before many times and have had a wonderful time each time we did it.

--Jeff

Jeff

We’re RC Diamond, so we travel at Celebrity’s Elite level and enjoy Michael’s Club for the exclusive breakfast and afternoon cocktails. We normally do early seating due to health issues, but have changed to second.

Greetings to Gary & Chi & Jeff---

We now plan to be in Ft. Lauderdale for two nights b4 our cruise. We are putting together the air now.

We will go on to Hamburg for 3 nights and then on to Munich for another week. In Munich we will be able see a production on the "Der Rosenkavaller" a special Opera for us. We then return to Amsterdam for our T/A flight.

We are going to choose "Celebrity Select Dining" for our evening dinners. This will allow open seating till 9:30pm We like to eat around 8 or 8:30 or so, after a drink or two in the Martini bar. Anyway it allows one to be flexible. What do you think?

Warren & Werner

Wow, all of us initially have different dining arrangements. Our flights are part of our booking and we won’t get details until March/April. I suspect we will probably be doing a red-eye from San Francisco to Miami/Ft. Lauderdale.

Mit dem Namen von Werner kann ich annehmen, dass eins von Ihnen Deutsches sprechen?

We’re doing B2B’s so we hope to have a few hours between the 15 and 12 day cruises to spend a few hours exploring Amsterdam.

Gary

cruiseguys AT usa DOT com

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we will be doing second seating dinner as well, so if you want to join us, please let me know. We can link our reservations and get a table together.

After this cruise, we will need one more cruise credit to become Elite/Diamond. So, maybe you can sneak us in for a few exclusive breakfasts in Michael's Club. ;-)

Just came back last week from RCCL's Voyager of the Seas out of Galveston. Awesome time, but now I know why I love Celebrity so much -- no smoking indoors!!

My husband and I just booked today along with the May 22nd sailing as back to backs. We are looking forward to the adventure and meeting others on board.

Hi Guys:

Dave and I just put a deposit on this same cruise today. Are you guys stalking us? Or, are we stalking you? Regardless, it sure is nice to meet people on these cruises that can maintain a continuing friendship.

See you in Michael's Club

Paul & Dave :D

Finally catching up after the Holidays!

Well, we will be doing second seating dinner as well, so if you want to join us, please let me know. We can link our reservations and get a table together.

After this cruise, we will need one more cruise credit to become Elite/Diamond. So, maybe you can sneak us in for a few exclusive breakfasts in Michael's Club. ;-)

Just came back last week from RCCL's Voyager of the Seas out of Galveston. Awesome time, but now I know why I love Celebrity so much -- no smoking indoors!!

Jeff

I apologize, the post wasn’t complete. We still have first seating, but have changed to second on previous cruises; sometimes for bad table mates, other times after we have met some wonderful people on board. My husband and I are both diabetics and early seating works better for our schedules. We don’t mean to be offensive or disrespectful, but would like to leave the option to change open after we are on board.

Diamond isn’t all that impressive any more, Elite has lots of nice perks. Too bad you can’t work in two more credits (short cruises) before May.

Hi Guys:

Dave and I just put a deposit on this same cruise today. Are you guys stalking us? Or, are we stalking you? Regardless, it sure is nice to meet people on these cruises that can maintain a continuing friendship.

See you in Michael's Club

Paul & Dave

Does it really matter who’s stalking whom? :eek: We enjoy your company and are so happy you will be aboard. Too bad you are only doing 15 of the 27 days with us!

Hi All:

Just wanted to check in and say hi to all!

Looking forward to meeting new folks as well as catching up with our pals Gary and Chi. (We're jealous we can't do the B2B with you ---next year..... ;) )

We're planning on flying in the night before into FLL, and will be spending an extra few nights in Amsterdam before the trip back home.

Dave & Paul

Looking forward to meeting new folks as well as catching up with our pals Gary and Chi. (We're jealous we can't do the B2B with you ---next year..... ;) )

We're planning on flying in the night before into FLL, and will be spending an extra few nights in Amsterdam before the trip back home.

Dave & Paul

But, what an adventure we have to look forward to for SA in 2012. ;)

Celebrity is handling the flights/transfers, so we won't get details until we receive our documents. Probably a red-eye from SFO to MIA or FLL. We're hoping for the NS to MIA, then bus transfer to the port at Ft Lauderdale.

• 2 weeks later...
Finally catching up after the Holidays!

Jeff

I apologize, the post wasn’t complete. We still have first seating, but have changed to second on previous cruises; sometimes for bad table mates, other times after we have met some wonderful people on board. My husband and I are both diabetics and early seating works better for our schedules. We don’t mean to be offensive or disrespectful, but would like to leave the option to change open after we are on board.

Diamond isn’t all that impressive any more, Elite has lots of nice perks. Too bad you can’t work in two more credits (short cruises) before May.

Does it really matter who’s stalking whom? :eek: We enjoy your company and are so happy you will be aboard. Too bad you are only doing 15 of the 27 days with us!

Hi Guys,

No, you aren't being mean or offensive at all. I respect that! It's all good. I wish I could work in two more credits. I have the money, but not the time. I was shocked I was able to get three weeks off in May for this trip. Haha! I will take what I can get. In the mean time, I will simply enjoy the "Select" status and relax.

--Jeff

Hi Guys,

No, you aren't being mean or offensive at all. I respect that! It's all good. I wish I could work in two more credits. I have the money, but not the time. I was shocked I was able to get three weeks off in May for this trip. Haha! I will take what I can get. In the mean time, I will simply enjoy the "Select" status and relax.

--Jeff

Two credits are awarded for cruises of 12+ days, so this 15 day TA should give you the credits you need to reach Elite level. :)

Hi All:

Just wanted to check in and say hi to all!

Dave & Paul

Sounds like you guys are doing the same thing me and my partner are doing. We will be flying in the night before and staying in FLL and spending two nights in Amsterdam afterwards.

Can't wait!

--Jeff

Hi Jeff ...

Most of our pre-cruise day will be spent flying as we can't get a direct flight from here, and we'll be staying overnight at the Hyatt Pier 66 in FLL.

Post cruise we're going to stay at Eden Amsterdam American Hotel for 3 nights in the Museum Quarter District for easy access to most of the sights we'll be wanting to see. It's been about 20 years since I've last been to Amsterdam, and my husband has never been before, so it will be like seeing it again for the first time I'm sure.

Looking forward to meeting you soon - Dave

• 5 weeks later...
Hi Jeff ...

Most of our pre-cruise day will be spent flying as we can't get a direct flight from here, and we'll be staying overnight at the Hyatt Pier 66 in FLL.

Post cruise we're going to stay at Eden Amsterdam American Hotel for 3 nights in the Museum Quarter District for easy access to most of the sights we'll be wanting to see. It's been about 20 years since I've last been to Amsterdam, and my husband has never been before, so it will be like seeing it again for the first time I'm sure.

Looking forward to meeting you soon - Dave

Hi Dave,

We will arrive in FLL around 9 pm. Staying at the Hampton Inn which provides a free shuttle to the pier. In Amsterdam, we are staying at the Hilton Amsterdam for two nights. Neither myself or my partner have ever been to Amsterdam, so it will be fun for sure. Staying at two Hilton properties because of my diamond status and using my points for free stays. Otherwise, I might have selected a different hotel at both cities.

It will all be fun no matter what, though.

Yes, I am looking forward to meeting everyone!

--Jeff

Received an email from Celebrity today informing us we should have flight info and travel docs by next Monday, March 7. Celebrity is doing our flight arrangements and they are required to provide the flight info to TSA 60 days before the cruise.

A little more than two months away and getting excited about the destinations, see friends and meeting others on board!

Archived