San Juan resorts

bbrady413

Hello,

I'm sailing on Royal Caribbean, leaving July 4, and returning to San Juan on July 11. The cruise gets into port at 6am, but the problem my girlfriend and I have is that our flight back to Connecticut doesn't leave until 6:30pm. We basically have ALL DAY in San Juan, but don't really want to do any rum distillery or rainforest tours. Does anybody know of any resorts that will sell us a day pass so we can kill the time? Or at the very least what we can do with our baggage so we don't have to lug it around all day? Thanks!!

Hello,

I'm sailing on Royal Caribbean, leaving July 4, and returning to San Juan on July 11. The cruise gets into port at 6am, but the problem my girlfriend and I have is that our flight back to Connecticut doesn't leave until 6:30pm. We basically have ALL DAY in San Juan, but don't really want to do any rum distillery or rainforest tours. Does anybody know of any resorts that will sell us a day pass so we can kill the time? Or at the very least what we can do with our baggage so we don't have to lug it around all day? Thanks!!

I'd really avoid booking a day pass at a resort. If your ship arrives at 6 AM, you should be able to get off as late as 10 AM. This will let you enjoy your last morning aboard in peace and you can have a nice breakfast. By the time you get off, go through customs, get your bags, and everything, it could easily be 11 AM.

Have you ever been to San Juan before? If not, you would definitely enjoy exploring Old San Juan and eating at some great restaurants. Beforey you know it, it will be time to head to the airport. This saves the tremendous expense of booking a day pass. In addition, San Juan is a fun and vibrant city with lots to see and do. After a southern caribbean cruise, you probably will have seen your fair share of nice beaches and time spent in San Juan will be a nice bonus!

IIRC there is a restaurant, Barrachina (that is probably not spelled correctly)

that will, for a small fee, hold your bags....

Then you are free to wander around old san juan for a while...

Other than that, you'd have to call hotels directly and ask...not the 800 numbers, but the hotels (it's just like calling another state..)..as for the in house reservations or revenue manager, or front office manager and ask......generally they won't know til the same day if they will have anything open but it is possible that they might know a few days ahead...or you could email from the ship. (they might even know now....worth a shot. I would stick with the large hotels....)

I would think that your chances would be fairly slim though.....

Archived