bannister island

wilinisa

Can you get to bannister island without an excursion? Is there water taxi's at the port to get there? any info would be appreciated. We are going on the legend and Belize is the only place we don't have plans for.

We went through Coral Breeze for the excursion, not Carnival.

We did the snorkeling, Bannister Island, and Manatee excursion.

Bannister Island has facilities, though they are straw huts. There are restrooms, showers, and restaurants. Chairs, shade for you, and quiet....if that's your thing. We were only there about 2 hours total.

It is not a very "sandy" place....like soft, comfortable to walk on sand......more like crushed sea shells. It was pretty out there, but I would not go twice. Hamburger with chips $10.00. Cheeseburger $12.00. I did not eat because I was not sure how they washed their hands or facilities there. You are at least 5-6 miles off the coast of Belize City.

We did LOVE the snorkeling and manatees. Our guides were awesome. We got a nature tour through the mangroves and all on our boat and it was worth it.

Bannister Island......not so much.

Can you get to bannister island without an excursion? Is there water taxi's at the port to get there? any info would be appreciated. We are going on the legend and Belize is the only place we don't have plans for.

We are also traveling on the Legend (July 18) and I'm trying to decide between Banister, Caye Caulkner and Goff's Caye. Let me know if you hear anything on any of these. Thanks :)

We sail out on sunday on the carnival valor. I have been checking excursions for belize and there was no "Just a beach break" everything was snorkel and something else. Well today I went to look over the excursions again and magically Bannister Island beach break appeared as an excursion so I immediately booked it for Belize... looks great!

Archived