Carnival Brides--Photography

Do the photographers do a good job with touching up the pictures? I was planning on getting an airbrushed tan before the wedding to even out on my tan, but then I found out that chlorine and salt water will streak it. I don't have very visible tan lines right now, but I still have a little over a month left. I'm not sure what I should do because I don't want tan lines in my wedding pictures!

It's one of those things where it depends on who you get. According to my photog, most of them have alot of schooling and take courses constantly...but it's by choice. You have to get someone passionate about their job, but unfortunately there is no way to prescreen your photog. If it were me, I wouldn't get airbrushed or do the mystic tan. If your photographs are more important to you than how you look on your vacation...go for it.

Wow thanks for bringing that up, I had no idea that chlorine and salt water streaks airbrush tans. I did have an airbrush tan when I went to Vegas and was in the pool and did not notice streaking, but for my wedding I don't want to take chances!!!

If I have to hire a Carnival photographer to take pictures during my reception (hoping a who is a semi-pro photographer will come on the cruise) I will probably ask them to leave the pictures alone and let me do the retouching. I really do not like it when they add a glowing effect to photos!

I'm getting married on embarkation day, so I don't have to worry about streaking before the pictures, but I want to be able to enjoy the 8 day cruise and I definitely won't be avoiding the water. I can be out in the sun for 5 minutes and get a tan, so I've been wearing sunblock any time I go out to try to prevent any lines.

Archived