Carnival Pride , 9a balcony or junior suite??

louigi

I am considering a cruise on the Carnival Pride next year.

We have never sailed on Carnival before just Princess and Costa and had balcony rooms on both. :rolleyes:

I am trying to decide between one of the Junior Suites or the larger room/balcony rooms.

The room numbers I am looking at are:

7299 and 7301 for the 9a rooms

4226 and 4235 for the junior suites.

Has anyone stayed in one of these rooms? What can you tell me, the good, the bad, the ugly!

7299 and 7301 are located right beside the elevator and that concerns me some as it could have the potential to be very noisy.

I understand that with the Junior Suites, the balcony is the size of a regular balcony, but does the staff stairway cause any privacy/noise problems?

Thanks so much for your info!

Amy

I am considering a cruise on the Carnival Pride next year.

We have never sailed on Carnival before just Princess and Costa and had balcony rooms on both. :rolleyes:

I am trying to decide between one of the Junior Suites or the larger room/balcony rooms.

The room numbers I am looking at are:

7299 and 7301 for the 9a rooms

4226 and 4235 for the junior suites.

Has anyone stayed in one of these rooms? What can you tell me, the good, the bad, the ugly!

7299 and 7301 are located right beside the elevator and that concerns me some as it could have the potential to be very noisy.

I understand that with the Junior Suites, the balcony is the size of a regular balcony, but does the staff stairway cause any privacy/noise problems?

Thanks so much for your info!

Amy

this class ship is awesome when it comes to the soundproofing so no worries about being by the elevator.

Between these two-- i would take 7299 or 7301.

Now if you really wanted an awesome space-- check out the corner afts on each deck- (not deck 5)

these cabins are true suites and broken up seperating the sleeping area away from the sitting area--but the draw is th e huge wrap around balcony

Thanks so much Serene! Just booked 7301! I am really excited!

The corner afts do look AWESOME. We talked about it, if we had a group going, we problably would splurge so our room could be the party central! :p

But since it is just the hubby and myself, we decided to do 7301. I have been able to find photos of 7301 online and that much room and not a JS works for us! :D

Thanks again!

carnival reg balcony cabins are a tad bigger then the Costa or the Princess cabins.

I know on Princess in a regular balcony there are no sofa- but in most cat 8 cabins there is a sofa in each room. (i think you woulda done fine in a balcony cabin)

You are right! Now that you mention that, there was no couch on the Grand Princess!

We did have a couch on Costa, and we had an aft cabin on that cruise.

We could have done the regular room, but really looking forward to the extra room!

Well, I am in countdown mode now! October 2011, here we come!

Again, thanks for the info, your Carnival knowledge is impressive!!

You are right! Now that you mention that, there was no couch on the Grand Princess!

We did have a couch on Costa, and we had an aft cabin on that cruise.

We could have done the regular room, but really looking forward to the extra room!

Well, I am in countdown mode now! October 2011, here we come!

Again, thanks for the info, your Carnival knowledge is impressive!!

Oct 2011? We are going on the Valor February 2012--LOL

Archived