RCI's: See Antigua by Sea

greenscooter

Has anyone ever done this excursion through RCI? The tour goes to Green Island for a beach/snorkel; then, sails to English Harbor/Nelson's Dockyard? If so, can you share your experience/impressions? (crowded, snorkeling, lunch, etc) Thanks!

Hey, the last time i was in antigua, i went on the "see antigua by sea", and to be honest, i had a fantastic time. It was a full circumnavigation tour, around Antigua, with a complete open bar. The food was delicious, and i didnt even have to get up for my drinks! the crew came around serving us, and clearing away the old cups. The boat is very spacious, if i remeber correctly there are two decks on the boat, both being comfortable, and spacious. The size of the boat makes the tour feel like the sea is flat like glass. It was a very informative tour, (the crew was well educated about the island, or atleast they seemed to be lol). Other than green island, they also made a stop at a lovely beach, where we could go off, and have another swim. The stop at green island, was about 3 hours. there is where the guides took us out for a snorkle by the reefs, and then followed by lunch and some more time to relax on the beach or in the water. I would give them 2 humbs up!... Great tour

Hey, the last time i was in antigua, i went on the "see antigua by sea", and to be honest, i had a fantastic time. It was a full circumnavigation tour, around Antigua, with a complete open bar. The food was delicious, and i didnt even have to get up for my drinks! the crew came around serving us, and clearing away the old cups. The boat is very spacious, if i remeber correctly there are two decks on the boat, both being comfortable, and spacious. The size of the boat makes the tour feel like the sea is flat like glass. It was a very informative tour, (the crew was well educated about the island, or atleast they seemed to be lol). Other than green island, they also made a stop at a lovely beach, where we could go off, and have another swim. The stop at green island, was about 3 hours. there is where the guides took us out for a snorkle by the reefs, and then followed by lunch and some more time to relax on the beach or in the water. I would give them 2 humbs up!... Great tour

I agree! We've done it twice. It is a great excursion. The last time I counted over 100 on the catamaran but you would never had known there were that many people.

Highly recommend!

We are planning to book this for our Oct. cruise...I had read some prior reviews that said there was an area of sailing that could be quite rocky..do either of you remember a problem with that? I read it was for a short time..maybe 15-20 mins..but people did report being sick...we plan to take some bonine or other seasick med that morning "just in case"

We are planning to book this for our Oct. cruise...I had read some prior reviews that said there was an area of sailing that could be quite rocky..do either of you remember a problem with that? I read it was for a short time..maybe 15-20 mins..but people did report being sick...we plan to take some bonine or other seasick med that morning "just in case"

Oh yeah! And no way around it. You actually sail through the Atlantic for about 15 - 20 minutes. It's not bad and Bonnie should help. Basically rough enough that you need to stay seated. It will also help to sit up top next to the Captain. It's not as rough up there and you can scan the horizon to help avoid the motion sickness. This is a large catamaran and handles the rough water well.

Hello there,

I did this tour last summer, and yes there is a little part that is a bit rocky, but it is true what you heard, it only lasts about 15-20 mins, and well personally i found it fun. I like a good splash when im on a boat, especially when its boiling hot outside! i didn't get sick, and neither did anyone on my cruise, but just incase, they announced on board that the crew members have something for you incase you get sick.

Hello there,

I did this tour last summer, and yes there is a little part that is a bit rocky, but it is true what you heard, it only lasts about 15-20 mins, and well personally i found it fun. I like a good splash when im on a boat, especially when its boiling hot outside! i didn't get sick, and neither did anyone on my cruise, but just incase, they announced on board that the crew members have something for you incase you get sick.

That makes me feel better...but I wonder what they would give you if you got seasick? I thought most med's had to be taken BEFORE you got sick...maybe they meant a barf bag? :eek:

That makes me feel better...but I wonder what they would give you if you got seasick? I thought most med's had to be taken BEFORE you got sick...maybe they meant a barf bag? :eek:

LOL!!! maybe your right, i'm not sure exactly what it is that they give you, and to be honest i have never taken any seasickness med's so i guess you should take it before you go on the cruise :)

LOL!!! maybe your right, i'm not sure exactly what it is that they give you, and to be honest i have never taken any seasickness med's so i guess you should take it before you go on the cruise :)

RUM, RUM and MORE RUM:D!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe Ginger Ale or Sprite (believe they have both on board).

I also don't recall anyone getting sick either time we went. One thing I did forget to mention is that if you prefer a shaded spot is to get there early (about 15 -20 minutes before the scheduled time). That way you can get a location you prefer.

• 2 years later...

Archived