Star Renovations- 3/12/11 questions

hawaiideb

We have just booked for 3/12 sailing of Mexican Riviera on the Star. I know she's scheduled to be completely done with remodeling by May 7th.. which is when they are sending her off with her new cabin configurations booked. How likely there will still be major work going on during those prime Spring Break week? We are booked in an aft balconies 9728 with friends hopefully in 9730. Do I need to worry about possible renovation to suites 9732 and 9736, which are basically next door completely facing aft?

Also, this year on the same week there were about 780 kids on board according to reviews. Is that likely to be the same next year? We are on Spring break here in Kansas, how about the west coast? Trying to advise friends regarding child's club activities.

Thanks! Debbie

The west coast schools (at least here in so. California) have 'rolling' spring breaks. This year our school district did the week BEFORE Easter, and the school district in the next city did the week AFTER Easter. (last year it was the other way around) The teachers vote on it every year, so it changes for the elementary/junior and high schools.

The colleges are all over the map with spring breaks.

Seems like a crapshoot for primary and secondary school breaks. There's a good possibility any week in March or April will be filled with families. As for colleges, I know that week is the University of Wisconsin's spring break, so I'm sure other big schools will also be on spring break at that time.

Archived