DiET BUDDY

beachladiie

Hey Sarah,

How old are you exactly? I'm 23 so I feel a lot younger than most people on these boards too. My cruise is Oct. 2nd, but my wedding is the 30th of September so I DEFINITELY have to lose!!! I bought my dress too small so that I HAD to lose!!! If you need a buddy, I'm here to help, kay ?:p

Kim

Philly, PA

Hey Sarah,

How old are you exactly? I'm 23 so I feel a lot younger than most people on these boards too. My cruise is Oct. 2nd, but my wedding is the 30th of September so I DEFINITELY have to lose!!! I bought my dress too small so that I HAD to lose!!! If you need a buddy, I'm here to help, kay ?:p

Kim

Philly, PA

Hey Kim.. I'm 16.

Thanks! :)

Sounds as if we have a group! :o)

I sail 4-21-2005

Wanna start tomorrow? 2-11-2005

We need tips, helpfull hints and some guidelines.

The only thing I ask is that no one uses the starvation method.

I'm 38

5'6 med framed

start = 140 pounds

goal= 125

============

15 pounds to lose

Sounds as if we have a group! :o)

I sail 4-21-2005

Wanna start tomorrow? 2-11-2005

We need tips, helpfull hints and some guidelines.

The only thing I ask is that no one uses the starvation method.

I'm 38

5'6 med framed

start = 140 pounds

goal= 125

============

15 pounds to lose

i definitley will never starve myself. i love food too much.

yes i'd like to start tomorrow.. i had too much cake today. haha.

I'm 16

5'5 med framed (im guessing.. dont really know what that means)

start #1= 153 [around the end of 2003]

start#2 = 134 [now]

goal= 120

=================

14 pounds to lose

Sounds like a plan to me! Makes me feel ok that I had Pizza Hut the other day. I'll definitely stick with it now that I have some girls to answer to! My ship doesn't sail for 32 weeks so I better meet my goal by then!! It's also a lot higher than yours, but I think I can do it!

well, since were starting today, i think im doing pretty good considering my sister has all her valentines candy laying around! im going to try soooo hard to keep this up haha, ill have my second test tonight at the basketball game, pizza and hot dogs galore...ewwww
ewww!!

wow i am doing so much better i think!

i went to AE today to shop and i decided to try on this cute skirt (i wasnt gonna buy it it was too expensive) but i fit in a size 2! i was so shocked! .. i just have a gut (area below my belly button and all around it) and back fat and love handles.. and a big butt and thighs and arms and triceps.. and my top back..

but i was so surprised.. im a size 4 now.

I've lost 5 pounds! How can this be? I have not exercised, but just cute out the junk food. I made my portions at meal time smaller too.

My exercise begins tomorrow. Any tips?

I weight 135 now

10 more to lose

I thought I would offer a tip or two.

1. If you feel you have to have a candy bar-

a.Buy the bite sized ones or those little round ones.

b. Buy a candy bar, but cute it in 4 sections. Eat only 1 section a day (Each section is cut into little bits and eaten when the craving hits).

2. Drink tones of water or splinda sweetened tea, lemonade. If you are a soda hound like me, only have 1 soda a day (either all at once or 1 can divided into 2 times a day).

3. Don't think of this as a diet or even eating healthy, just say you are "cutting back" your food intake. If you have to think of the nasty side of the food we crave to make you not want to eat it.

Ex. Every time you want chips picture a bucket of lard, and see yourself eating that LARD by the hand full. YUCK!

4. Every time you feel the 1st hint of weakness -

a. remove yourself from the area you are in and start a task

b. drink drink drink

c. If you have not already done so remove the junk food from your sight, and keep it out until your body gets over it's cravings.

5. Start looking at new clothes, think of a new style or dream of your goal or ideal size, and know you are heading toward it.

6. Do not say NEG. things to yourself EVER! Always say outloud or inside your head ONLY pos. things. Smile at yourself in the mirror often.

This is one of the only things in life that we have complete control; use that to your advantage, and challenge yourself.

7. DO NOT tell people you are trying to lose weight.

a. It will be to much pressure and we will feel bad if we hit a stall or we gain a pound or two.

b. Make people be honest by noticing that you have lost weight, and mentioning it to you (if you tell them you may not get a true reaction). Trust me, that is the only way we can be sure others are being honest.

c. When people say "wow, you look like you are losing weight" act like you had not really noticed or just smile. Don't lie or anything, but act like it isn't a big deal.

8. Remember we have to exercise at least 2 times a week. The routine is up to you, but make sure you are doing more than you did before we started. MAKE SURE YOU SWEAT!

Good luck ladies. I hope you don't mind if I watch your progress!!! This board was such a help to me when I started it. You're also welcome to join our Thursday weigh-ins.

FWIW, I've lost 86 lbs. over the last four years and am now struggling to maintain.

WOW, 86 pounds! Great job! You could teach us a thing or 2. :)

As I stated above, I lost 5 pounds this week on a fluke:confused: . We could use all the advice you have to offer.

I always found that exercise gets in the way of my sitting around time and hate it, but now that I have a goal I thought I would give it another chance. ;)

I'm thinking squats, and dancing 30 minutes a day until I get to the gym to do the treadmill, and stair stepper. What do you think?

Thanks for Noticing us, and dropping us a line.

Good luck!

I'll check in Thursday.

Good luck ladies. I hope you don't mind if I watch your progress!!! This board was such a help to me when I started it. You're also welcome to join our Thursday weigh-ins.

FWIW, I've lost 86 lbs. over the last four years and am now struggling to maintain.

of course it's okay! :)

86 pounds! wow, congrats!

Don't know if I have any real words of wisdom. It's a WOE thing. My weight gain was from medications, for the most part (I have lupus and have been on prednisone for 14 years -- that'll do a number on you. I started slowly losing, then realized that much of my weight was water weight. I went on a dieuretic, an herbal one my doctor said was okay, and lost about 30 lbs that way. The rest I think my metabolism started jumping again after I had knee replacement surgery two years ago. I was exercising to get my leg back into shape, then I was on the stress diet (a divorce, a death, trying to sell a huge house). I was up and down stairs a lot and in the summers I used to swim two sometimes three times a day. I have gone way below my "goal" weight and am still sometimes losing, so when I gain a pound, it's good for me. I need to start exercising regularly again to keep toned, but that's easier said than done during the winter for me.

I do recommend exercise. I do recommend eating in moderation. I also was doing low carb/no carb and that really works for me, but it's not for everyone. I also don't have much of an appetite anymore and don't eat sweets -- never really have.

Aside from exercising, what are you guys doing -- South Beach, low carb, anything like that? What works for me, may not work for you, and then again it might. You never know.

Teresa, I saw your Akita. Good for you. I used to be very involved in Greyhound rescue! Just walking the dogs was great exercise.

Kim, I have until 10/02/05 to lose weight too!! Which cruise are you going on?

Beach Ladiie and everyone else who is trying to lose: Best of luck with your weight loss goals! I am a LOT older than all of you (just call me Gram!) but I can sympathize with you! I have been trying to lose weight since Jan 1st. So far I have lost 19 pounds---unfortunatly I have a lot to go! The thing that has helped me the most is that I have stopped going to fast food places at lunch time (and I can spend the money I save while I'm cruising!). Stay away from fad diets--they are just temporary fixes and the beginning of yo-yo dieting---trust me, I know! I'm going to check back here to see how well you have done because I know you can do it!!! Susan aka Gram :)

Hey all, ive been gone for a week and missed this board cuz all i wanted to do was eat on vacation. I guess I should tell you my problems, lol, and why I need to loose weight since it seems everyone else has. Im about a size 10 right now, 5'5 or so. I dont think Im huge or anything, but you never know, you dont know how other people veiw you. I have my good days where I think im normal, but then i have other days where i cant stand to look in the mirrior, part of it is my chest, (lol, this is new for me i dont tell many how i feel about this) im a 36 c and VERY unpreportionate (I cant spell either) its a pain in the butt to find new clothes or a new bathing suit, does anyone have any suggestions?

Hi all ,

I am new to this post .I have joined "Curves " I have been going sometimes 5 times a week and I am finding it the best thing I have done in ages .

I love the 30 min work out , it's only for ladies, and not a mirror sight . I have gone back to a low fat diet and so far I have lost 9lb and 9 3/4 ins . This seems to be working for me and I feel a lot fitter than I have been for ages . Gone is the awful heartburn .

what ever diet you are on good luck.

Archived