Braemar 28 Sept 2010 - St. Petersburg

festing

We have been recommended to use a travel company in St. Petersburg (http://st-petersburg-tours.ru) who provide excellent tours for a lot less than the ship charges. Some friends returned recently full of praise for the experience. We are looking to 'do' their 2 day package. It is much cheaper to have a party of up to 16 rather than just the two of us. Are any other passengers interested in joining us? The price for 14 people is $230pp which includes all entrance fees, hydrofoil to Peterhoff, driver, guide etc and a trip on the underground.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok that sounds good.

There is still a long time to go yet and I suspect that more people will express an interest over forthcoming weeks. Presumably you need to have a viable number. Look forward to firming this up later.

Regards

efcraig

I am sure you are right - others may start looking once the excursions are published. Obviously the more the merrier, but its a once in a lifetime opportunity and we may 'go for it' regardless!

Regards

Festing

Our friends did the 'standard' tour and thought it was really good. We had thought that that would be the best for us, but if the majority prefer the 'active' I guess us old fogies could just about manage it! have you registered your interest with TJ? They will keep everyone informed once you have! It's looking good if we are now 6 - that brings the price down to $300 standrad pp or $340 active - much better than the ship's private car excursion. Any one else care to join us?

A further thought - I have all the info documents from our frieends. One pays TJ on arrival, so if we commit now, we don't pay now and if more passengers join us it will be less than mentioned above.

• 2 weeks later...

Well done you lot for sorting this all out before sailing. I have to say Fred does tend to charge a lot for shore trips so this is a good idea - as long as ship arrives on correct day and itinerary is not changed.

We did the Peterhoff Palace 2 years ago with the hydrofoil back - it was great. A definite highlight. Are you going to do the Ballet or the folk evening show. (tip - do the folk show it was brilliant !).

Thanks for the tip. Think thats a good idea. TJ Travel run an evening to Folk Show at Nikholoevsky Palace perhaps could go on second evening but flexible about that. Does anyone in our group fancy this as again more the numbers less the cost or anyone else on this cruise. Again only need to let Olga know. If 2 persons $85 3-5 persons $70 and 6-10 people £60 so more the merrier.

I have now confirmed the Folk evening with Olga as well. Also, I asked her, when she replies to you, if she would include my e-mial address so that we can communicate direct. We can then arrange to meet up on the ship etc.

Regards

Have just received an e-mail from Olga in confirmation of Folk night booking. She tells me that she has only received confirmation from 3 couples. It appears that she has not received anything from NORMSKI1990. Can you please contact her by e-mail again Normski. Thanks

I will email Olga to say we , 2 of us , are interested in joining your group however my preference for the evening excursion would be a trip to the Mariinsky theatre on the second night to see Spartacus. Anyone else interested as I have been on the website and there are tickets available?

There might be a Russian folk show as part of evening entertainment on the ship!

Will confirm if we join you.

Regards ravenless:)

Archived