Another Question on Amedee Island

sharri34

Hi Guys,

Sorry about being a serial pest, It's just that I keep on getting random questions popping up in my head :eek:

Anyway, I am definately going to Amedee Island as mentioned by myself at least a million times on this board!! But I was wondering, with the tour being for 8 hours:eek: Does that mean you have heaps of time to just do everything REALLY slowly? Asking coz I still want to do that damn discovery dive component (It claims its only for 30 minutes, but then goes on to say there are other activities on the island If time permits... I thought 8 hours for one tour should be plenty of time for a half an hour dive plus glass bottom boat rides and light house walks and snorkling).

Or is the Island really far away and takes like an hour each way on transfer from the ship??

Thanks again :)

Serial Pest Sam signing out :D

Hi Guys,

Sorry about being a serial pest, It's just that I keep on getting random questions popping up in my head :eek:

Anyway, I am definately going to Amedee Island as mentioned by myself at least a million times on this board!! But I was wondering, with the tour being for 8 hours:eek: Does that mean you have heaps of time to just do everything REALLY slowly? Asking coz I still want to do that damn discovery dive component (It claims its only for 30 minutes, but then goes on to say there are other activities on the island If time permits... I thought 8 hours for one tour should be plenty of time for a half an hour dive plus glass bottom boat rides and light house walks and snorkling).

Or is the Island really far away and takes like an hour each way on transfer from the ship??

Thanks again :)

Serial Pest Sam signing out :D

The 8 hrs is from leaving the ship to getting back to the ship. On the Island you end up with about 5 1/2 to 6hrs, it depends if you do the fish feeding on the way out to the Island (which is what we did the day we did the tour). But that's plenty of time do everything.

As a guide this was the program the day we went;

about 8.00 or soon after arrival - disembark the ship & bus to the ferry to the Island

9.00 depart for the island

9.45 Arrive at the Island (we got there a bit later as we stopped and fed the fish on the way)

The lighthouse is open for visiting all day.

10.15 Glass bottom boat tours start... They took about 1/2hr so there were departures about ever 45mins except between 12 & 1.30 during lunch and the show

11.00 Barrier Reef Cruise

11.45 Pre lunch cocktail

12.00 Buffet lunch

12.30 Folklore Show

1.15 Coffee & Biscuits

1.30 Pareo Tying & Coconut tree climbing demonstrations (about 1/2 hr)

3.00 Coconut Greeting (about 15mins)

3.30 Board ferry back to Noumea.

4.30 Arrive back at Ferry Wharf, transfer straight back to ship for 5pm sailaway.

Thanks Skyrules :)

That definately looks like more than enough activites for the day (and making the price tag sound worth it), Thanks again :)

You're welcome. I hope you love it as much as we did when we did the tour.

Archived