Review - Coral Princess and Alaska land tour

lmt1022

Thank you...

I used a Canon Powershot SX10is... I love it. Has all the manual settings (and auto mode of course) and 20x zoom with stabilization.

Very easy to use.

Thanks so much. I need to get a new camera before our cruise. I will definitely check out the Canon Powershot. Thanks again.:D

• 1 year later...

Hello,

Loved reading the many details of your wonderful trip..e are also from Florida, South Florida, Coral Springs to be exact. I read how you did the land part on your pown before the cruise. May I ask why youchose to do it on your own rather than with the cruise line? were there any problems in doing it on your own? How come you seem to have done Seward than later on did Girdwood rather than Girdwood right after Seward? Just wondering how you made yoiur decisions. We are having problems deciding and we are feeling the stress nstead of tghe fun. Your input would be so appreciated.

Thank you.

Nodan

Bowlersbus - we had very good weather. There were a few days in the week before the cruise that were a bit drizzly, and our day in Hubbard Glacier was a little dreary, but otherwise, it was nice.

Skagway was good once we drove out of the fog cloud and got closer to Emerald Lake, Juneau was warm and partly cloudy, Ketckikan was sunny and warm (beautiful), and so was Vancouver. We had no rain in the 3 ports.

We were Southbound - and we had port side. Which was perfect during Glacier Bay.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, this took a while to reply. I haven't been on this site in a long time.

Anyway...

I decided to do everything on my own because I wanted to do what I wanted, when I wanted. LOL. I think the cruisetours work for some folks that want everything planned for them, but I am one that likes to schedule my own days based on what our group wants to see and do. I have done this with all of the cruises I have been on and have never had a problem. Of course, I read all the wonderful tips from other cruise critic members, which really helps.

We went to Seward and then drove straight to Denali so that we could get an early start the next day. The original plans were that my husband would do the land tour and then leave early in the morning from Anchorage, and then my mom and daughter were to get in later that same evening. It just worked out for me to stick around Anchorage, Gridwood, etc. That way I could really take my time exploring the area on my own while I waited for their flight that evening.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Read your review, really nice. If i'm not mistaken you been to Alaska on both Princess and Royal Caribbean? May i ask which cruiseline would u recommended. Glacier Bay is it a must-do for Alaska?

Sorry, this took a while to reply. I haven't been on this site in a long time.

Anyway...

I decided to do everything on my own because I wanted to do what I wanted, when I wanted. LOL. I think the cruisetours work for some folks that want everything planned for them, but I am one that likes to schedule my own days based on what our group wants to see and do. I have done this with all of the cruises I have been on and have never had a problem. Of course, I read all the wonderful tips from other cruise critic members, which really helps.

We went to Seward and then drove straight to Denali so that we could get an early start the next day. The original plans were that my husband would do the land tour and then leave early in the morning from Anchorage, and then my mom and daughter were to get in later that same evening. It just worked out for me to stick around Anchorage, Gridwood, etc. That way I could really take my time exploring the area on my own while I waited for their flight that evening.

IMT1022

Thanks so much for your detailed review and beautiful pictures. So glad you had such a wonderful trip with your Mom and daughter. Our family is going in August on HAL out of Vancouver and your review was very helpful.

Archived