1st Time Cruiser

Just a quick note to anyone who is looking at buying a Tux, but like me will only wear it once or twice, ASDA are selling Tux's for £40, nice as well, with a small Shinny strip down the legs, Deffo Worth the money and its machine washable,, PS can anyone tell me what sort of shoes you can wear with a pair on Linen Pants, i would like to wear sandle's, but have been told that in the evening you have to wear a full shoe,, soif anyone can give me a couple of ideas that would be grteat cheers,,going on the Destiny on Boxing Day for a 2 week carabean cruise,,cant wait,,, thanks Derek "46 years old":)

Hi

If you are a trendy 46 you'll have seen all the shops selling the jersey shoe in a sort of tennis style. My son 17 is wearing them but told me its OK for my husband of 42 to wear & they come in all colours but he has a grey pair. Primark are selling at £5 pair so worth a look.

You don't have to wear closed shoes as far as I know. (They do stipulate long trousers in the main dining room in the evening). Paul has some sandals which have a closed toe but are open at the sides, so these are a bit cooler than socks and shoes but look smarter than open-toed sandals. They're quite useful for travelling in as well as they look ok with trousers or shorts. He has a pair of trousers with zip-off legs so he is warm enough to travel to the airport in December but miraculously arrives in the Caribbean in shorts having unzipped the legs on the plane!

By the way isn't it great when we are asking our teenagers for fashion advice?!

Carol x

I suppose it depends on what your feet look like, lol. If they look like Bigfoot, black hairy toes, etc. I would cover them up in the evening. Seriously, you could get a pair of deck shoes or lightweight suede effect trainer type shoes in a light colour which would go quite well with linen pants, a bit like yachting fashion gear.

On the suit, my DH bought a really cheap suit from Tesco. Black, jacket at £19 and pants for £6 not a DJ but very lightweight and didn't crease in the case. You couldn't tell on the photo's and it looks great with a M&S shirt and bow tie to dress it up. After reading some of the threads I was expecting many more DJ's to be on show than there were so don't worry if you don't want to buy a tux.:):)

Jan

Hi

If you are a trendy 46 you'll have seen all the shops selling the jersey shoe in a sort of tennis style. My son 17 is wearing them but told me its OK for my husband of 42 to wear & they come in all colours but he has a grey pair. Primark are selling at £5 pair so worth a look.

yes i have seen them, my daughters boyfriend wears them, ididnt even think of buying somthing likethat, i will buy a couple of pairs, at £5, it worth it,, Thanks "andyes im a trendy 46 year old" lol:)

You don't have to wear closed shoes as far as I know. (They do stipulate long trousers in the main dining room in the evening). Paul has some sandals which have a closed toe but are open at the sides, so these are a bit cooler than socks and shoes but look smarter than open-toed sandals. They're quite useful for travelling in as well as they look ok with trousers or shorts. He has a pair of trousers with zip-off legs so he is warm enough to travel to the airport in December but miraculously arrives in the Caribbean in shorts having unzipped the legs on the plane!

By the way isn't it great when we are asking our teenagers for fashion advice?!

Carol x

i have these type of sandles already, but thought it had to be a full shoe, i always go mad at my wife about the amount of shoes she takes on holiday,, looks like its going to be me this year, lol,, thanks for the advice,, as for the trousers with zips,, good idea :D

Archived