Bali Driver Recommendations

tjandluke

I will be travelling to Bali in November on the Romantica. We are only there for a day. I have planned our day and am looking for a recommendation of a driver to drop off and pick up. As I will be travelling alone with a 5 year old, I do not want to haggle with taxi drivers at the port. It would be a pretty easy day for the driver. I just want to be taken from boat to water park, left for a few hours, picked up and taken for a very brief walking visit to Kuta Beach and returned to the ship on time. I am looking for someone reliable who will not want to take me to various factory shops or other sight seeing etc. Just someone to do the driving and to take the stress out of the day.

If anyone can suggest someone, it would be much appreciated. I would also like to pay them in local currency on the day.

I have also posted this in the Asia Forums section but thought that someone on these boards may have used a driver previously.

I will be travelling to Bali in November on the Romantica. We are only there for a day. I have planned our day and am looking for a recommendation of a driver to drop off and pick up. As I will be travelling alone with a 5 year old, I do not want to haggle with taxi drivers at the port. It would be a pretty easy day for the driver. I just want to be taken from boat to water park, left for a few hours, picked up and taken for a very brief walking visit to Kuta Beach and returned to the ship on time. I am looking for someone reliable who will not want to take me to various factory shops or other sight seeing etc. Just someone to do the driving and to take the stress out of the day.

If anyone can suggest someone, it would be much appreciated. I would also like to pay them in local currency on the day.

I have also posted this in the Asia Forums section but thought that someone on these boards may have used a driver previously.

Hi

We went to Bali on pacific sun cruise in Feb this year. At the port there were a number of private drivers with very nice airconditioned cars (I would assume on hire purchase!). We agreed with only a bit of bartering $50AUS to take us around for the day. This worked very well, he waited for us while we shopped or stopped to look at some sights.

Regards

Mel

We booked Puto prior to arriving in Bali. He was unfortunately sick on the day but sent a co-driver, Nyoman, who took us all around, there were 4 of us, for what worked out as £25 for the entire day. He met us as we came ashore. Nothing was too much trouble and he was knowledgable and obliging as well as helpful.

I cannot reccomend the service highly enough. Have a lovely trip. I fell in love with Bali and its smiley people.

Go to http://www.thebalidriver.com

Archived