How smooth is the voyage?

jfhtn

We have cruised several times on the larger ships but are looking for something a little different. However, my concern is with a smaller ship, the motion may be too much. I always take something just in case and have never been sick, but don't want to take any chances.

The ships have stabilizers - just like the bigger ships. It really depends on where you are sailing and what the weather conditions are at the time. I also get sea sick but don't find Windstar more of a problem than other ships.

We have cruised several times on the larger ships but are looking for something a little different. However, my concern is with a smaller ship, the motion may be too much. I always take something just in case and have never been sick, but don't want to take any chances.

I can't imagine that anyone, including Windstar, can give you cast-iron reassurances.

However, the ships have stabilisers that should limit the movement to no more than 10 degrees from vertical. Obviously the weather conditions make a difference to the degree of movement.

I've previously posted a video taken onboard in the mid-Atlantic. Perhaps that might help a little.

Mands

We have now cruised on the Windstar ships three times and never will go back to a large cruise ship. The service, people you meet, and just the feeling of being on your own private yacht is worth a little rocking, although, in our three sailings (21 days) we've only had one night were you would notice the ship moving and that was during a storm. We're back this fall from Rome to Barcelona. Enjoy!

Archived