Anyone toured with Victor Rivera?

Berk987

Have a tour booked in December 2010 with another guide but have been reading iffy things 50/50 chance of having a good tour. If I'm paying, I don't like those shots. I do realize that everyone has their own opinion but the opinions so far are 50/50. There is one posting for Victor Rivera but would like more info. I've organized and ran tours in Mexico before so I'm no stranger to the tourism industry and know nothing is perfect but this is the first time I'm taking my kids (age 4Y, 6Y) in the the rainforest and would like them to have a fabulous time.

I'm interested in how the tour went, what was included and price.

group and private info would be appreciated also.

thanks so much.

sent any email to puertoricosociety@yahoo.com on 7/26 and got a response back from Victor Balbin the next day. quoting $350 for a private tour (2 adults + 2 kids) of El Yunque. I need to confirm what else is included and how long the whole tour is. He said the rain forest is 4-5 hours which probably includes an hour drive there and an hour back which allows 2-3 hours at the rain forest to walk around and swim. Is that enough and what do you think of $350. Is that the going private rate?

Thanks.

BTW...I'm going to assume Victor Balbin is different from Victor Rivera. Have anyone hired either one?

Victor Balbin is from Countryside tours. We have used him in the past and were very pleased. We did have to negotiate the price a little as you should as well. Victor took us once and his associate Tony tokk us once. You can customize the tour with him.

that helps alot. Will try and neg. a lower price since there is just the 4 of us. Any other recommendations other than the rainforest. Our 4/6 YO are fairly active. I wonder....if you email the society, whoever answers the email gets the job? Thanks.

Fun things we have done in San Juan:

Rain forest - We did the longer trail and swam in the waterfalls. Took us about 1 1/2 hours and we took our time. We also did the movie before going in. That was about 1/2 hour.

Self guided tour of Forts --- El Morro and San Cristobel. We did this and a self guided walking tour of San Juan. We walked along the wall at the harbor and all the interesting points in San Juan. We started at 9 am and finished around 6:00 pm with lunch along the way.

We also did Bio Bay which was a blast.

You could combine the rain forest along with a beach stop.

Avoid the Bacarid tour as it was terrible.

If you are in San Juan try the street vendors food. Very Tasty.

We are in our 50's to give some perspective

Archived